xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jbitkill

What Is Your Favourite Browser?

What is your favourite browser?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, this topic is about you write your browser names down (ex. Firefox 2) with the version on the end, then the community says stuff about your browser(s). My browsers are (Favorite at the top, hated at the bottom)1 Firefox 3 (Minefield)2 Safari 33 SeaMonkeyand the worst one of all! The troubled Internet Explorer 7.Now, you can throw you boos and cools to browsers

My browsers areFirefox 2.0.0.9K-Meleon 1.1.2Opera 9.2Elinks (for linux)Konquerer (for linux/kde)IE 6I really love the first three. Firefox is my favorite but sometimes I feel that its a little too bloated. Since reinstalling windows I like using K-Meleon sometimes because it is the fastest browser for Windows. Opera has its nice features that I'm fond of using from time to time too.

There are other browsers than Firefox? :rolleyes:But yeah, I'm using FF 2.0.0.9 at the moment, and nigh-on never use anything else (until they bring out a new one, of course). While I was tempted to take a look at the Firefox beta, I decided against it simply because I'm happy with v2. I never was a fan of beta-testing, anyway. I'd much rather use the latest stable release, and get it as soon as the beta lot have finished finding all of the flaws.

Edited by Mordent (see edit history)

Opera is what I use right now. I recently uninstalled my firefox because it kept crashing and my computer was acting really weird with it on. Other than that, I recently downloaded Safari for Windows, and it's working pretty well...and since IE 6 cannot be uninstalled from my computer, I have that in case nothing else works...

I am using Opera for a long time as my main browser, but for testing purposes I have other browsers installed too, we have good browsers for Windows, Mac OS and Linux, I don't know a good email client or irc client for Windows though, then I say good, it means GOOD.. :rolleyes:

I've used Opera, Firefox (currently), and Internet Explorer.I've been told that Opera and Firefox are much safer than Internet Explorer because everyone has it so viruses can catch your computer easier.

The only browser I use would be firefox 2. The program is incredibly light, and it takes literately less than a minute to install. And can load pages faster than any browser :rolleyes:. I also use Safari sometimes on my ibook. It doesn't load pages faster than firefox, but it's really reliable. IE always crashes on me.

sick poll dude, could you please try to limit the amount of option to 1 version, like Opera 9.x, Opera 8.x, FF2.x, ... this will give you more transparent and representative results. Maybe even limiting the option to Opera, FF, IE, ... is the best, because most people try to use the most recent version.As for me, I'm a real Opera addict B) , I started using it a few years ago when it still had ads (I even still have some free license keys they handed out :rolleyes: ). Since then it realy grew, almost every site is rendered correctly, it's first startup is slow, but after that it's realy fast. The mail client is basic, but that's all I need ... For testing purposes I also have IE6, IE7, FF2 and Safari3 installed, but I hardly use them (they're installed on a virtual machine)

sick poll dude, could you please try to limit the amount of option to 1 version, like Opera 9.x, Opera 8.x, FF2.x, ... this will give you more transparent and representative results. Maybe even limiting the option to Opera, FF, IE, ... is the best, because most people try to use the most recent version.

Actually you are pretty right about it, from the results, apart from those newer version of FF, IE, Opera, there's no results for the rest of the earlier version. B)

For me, still using FF 2.0 and I'm loving it. With all the addons cater for my needs, actually it can replace a lot of my normal applications like FTP client, File Explorer.. etc. :rolleyes: