xisto Community
mr_fahrenheight

Agp Card The best agp card

does anybody know the best agp card to run ET QUAKE WARS?

Well, there's actually no "best" per se when it comes to video card. It all depends on you to compromise between price and performance. One thing though, AGP video card is not worth investing already. Most or actually all new motherboard now does comes with an AGP slot. They now comes with PCIe slots instead. So if you bought the "best" one now, it won't be usable when you upgrade your pc next time. If you can afford the "best" AGP video card, then might as well upgrade the whole system. Actually if say you can afford to buy a top of the line video card costing as much as USD$1000, you might as well split it and spend $500 to get a new motherboard, cpu and ram, and the half to a get a mid-high end video card. It might actually turn out better, since PCIe is much much faster then AGP.

If you care that much about performance by the time you upgrade your whole system it'll be obsolete anyways so really it wont hurt that much. You can get pretty decent AGP cards for like 100 bucks that pack a solid punch and it really wouldn't pose a problem to replace it later down the road. I know I picked up an ati 1650 pro for like 80 bucks and it can handle most games out there right now if you dont plan to play them maxed out.But yea, really right now I'd say just go for the most recent card you can find for under 100 and you're probably going to be ok, there are some pretty expensive agp cards still offered but any above 100 aren't very cost effective

Wow, AGP now the legacy format. I agree with the others. I am not in to power gaming anymore, I play a couple fight sims but that's it, so I rarely spend more than $120 on a graphics card. Usually it's whatever decent under $100 is more my price range. One of my boxes still runs a Nvidia card of some type that's 64MB and it will handle most of the games I play, save for Falcon 4AF>

Ya, even I can't really find any new AGP cards for my system anymore. I'm planning to pitch in a maximum of $500 (CAD) to do a complete system overhaul. (Yes, I'm heavily cash strapped and $500 is a lot of money to me)

Planned specs:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/93310-topic/?findpost=

@mr_fahrenheight: You need a good dual core processor and at least an ATI Radeon X1650 (256 VRAM) or NVIDIA GeForce 7300 (256MB VRAM) to play Enemy Territory: Quake Wars smoothly.

xboxrulz