xisto Community
jbitkill

Intel Centrino Duo (core Duo?) T2050 1.6ghz

Hi, what socket is Intel Centrino Duo (Core Duo?) T2050 1.6GHz so I can replace it with a better/newer processor.My Laptop: TOSHIBA EQUIUM A100-147 Intel Centrino Duo (Core Duo?) T2050 1.6GHz1GB RAMDVD-RAM Drive (Pionner)5in1 Card ReaderRealtek HD Audio (don't know what chipset)1x Cardbus1x Express CardIntel Mobile 945GM with GMA4504x USB 2.0 PortsIntel Wireless 3945ABGIEEE1394Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection (Ethernet)TOSHIBA Software Modem15.4 Widescreen TFT (1280x800/16:10)Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 w/ Update Rollup 2xxxx-jozh-xxxx

Just to let you know, a lot of notebook manufacturers bolt down the processor by soldering it to the board, so you must make sure that the processor isn't bolted down. Be sure to check that before you proceed in getting a new one.Also, your processor is indeed Intel Core Duo.xboxrulz

Why would you wantt o change your processor on your laptop? As the above people said, that can mean that your warranty could be voided, and you could mess up your laptop. If you don't know too much about computers, then think twice before attempting it by yourself. Maybe carry it in to Bestbuy or Circuitcity or something if you live in the USA, or have a reputable company do it for you. It might be worthwhile to just sell your laptop on ebay and buy a new one with the processor you want in it already.

I agree with trinifawk. You should just sell your laptop for a better one. A laptop is much different from a desktop. You can change as many parts you want in a desktop, but on a laptop, you're basically stuck with what you bought.Of course on a laptop you can still change the RAM and hard drive but not mission critical components like GPU and CPU.xboxrulz

That's true... plus isn't Toshiba notorious for being finnicky with their hardware? I remember an older toshiba model which only worked with a certain hard disk, and took several tries to find a brand of ram that worked.

Yeah I have definitely heard that laptops are generally difficult to upgrade and usually not advise (aside from RAM and the like).But going as far as bolting it down and such..... wow that's not nice is it (is there a really good reason for this practice........).But yeah, you really want to check into that, I suppose contacting the manufacturer about the situation is really the best idea.