xisto Community
jbitkill

Powerpoint Based Games! I know how to make them

...why would you need to know about Tic Tac Toe on PowerPoint if you were trying to make one using HTML (tricky, for one thing)?That just seems a little odd to me. The only half decent PowerPoint games out there (in my mind) are the Choose Your Own Adventure style ones, but even they are outclassed by a lot of "dedicated" programs designed to run CYOA style games (and do it very well, I might add).

i wouldnt normally make a game in powerpoint or play a game in power point, i hate power point.at school we are making a "kiosk style" powerpoint. mine looks so cool thought! like i hate power point but when u make everything ur self it can be really nice. its a project on australian animals by the way, lol.

Umm...I am not exactly sure what you are referring to here...Are you saying you want to make a game like you would in powerpoint but with html? In that case, the stuff you can do with html is so much more powerful than powerpoint, so it wouldn't be too hard....just have links that do certain things....But as for a tic-tac-toe game....it would probably be best to use php for a back end there....simply because then you don't have to have an html page for every possible possibility...

I think that powerpoint progames are, basically, "basic" programs. So, i guess that you should learn how to use microsoft basic programming, and then include your program as a powerpoint macro.RegardsYordan

I dunno about tic tac toe and HTML in powerpoint, but one thing I know you can make with it is a Jeopardy kind of game.I've done it a few times and it's pretty cool if you don't have a program actually made for making quiz type games.

I have personally seen the Jeorpardy powerpoint in action. It's very, very cool! Some of my classmates used it when doing a presentation and it was a lot of fun. As for tic tac toe, I have never seen that one before, but I'm pretty sure that it'll be fun. I don't know why you would want to play tic tac toe on powerpoint when you can just play with a pencil and paper =) but that's just me. I'm still unsure about how to create powerpoint games. If someone could come up with a cool (free) tutorial for that, then that would be really awesome! Best, Trinifawk

I haven't heard of having a tic-tac-toe game on powerpoint, but I've made a jeopardy style game where the people choose questions, and they are worth different amounts of money, and I can pick either if they got the question right, or wrong, and it will total the scores and show them at the top. It didn't take me very long, and it was pretty simple. I could have made it HTML just as easier, but in powerpoint, I can add all the cheesy slide effects.

OK I wouldn't recommend making it on PowerPoint, I do recommend using server side scripting (PHP or ASP) to do it, although that is way beyond my knowledge.You can also try actual programming, like C or Basic or even Flash-based development, that may be a bit easier if you have some prior knowledge.

OK I wouldn't recommend making it on PowerPoint, I do recommend using server side scripting (PHP or ASP) to do it, although that is way beyond my knowledge.
You can also try actual programming, like C or Basic or even Flash-based development, that may be a bit easier if you have some prior knowledge.

With a slight bemol though. Servers like asta give you a lot of freedom using php and mysql. It's less easy to have a ssh access, and I'm pretty sure you will not be allowed to compile and run your own C programs.
So, server-side php programming for public accessed games on public servers.
C-programming for private games on your own PC, or ship your program to be installed on other player's PC.

Powerpoint games... hey, why not!? I use Powerpoint for a many different projects. I guess I could see how some Powerpoints could have games, but I just wonder if storing them in Powerpoint could work... But to run from an actual Powerpoint, I would think text related games would work just fine... you could probably do a lot with it... Maybe even show some basic illustration or animation with a few pages...I guess it would work well, but I would think there would be better media alternatives, but I guess anything is possible in the PC world!The latest I have worked on Powerpoint wise was a web comic, and a little presentation for my son's birthday... Fun to create, fun to share.- skedad -

I know that there are somewhere some "macros" which in fact are calling microsoft basic (.bas) programs. So, there is a possibility of programming games. So, why not. But this would be a lot of effort compared to directly program in C++ or in other languages.

To add, I also agree that there is no really serious matter to do games with Powerpoint, I guess it should be left for the purpose it serves, for slideshow presentations, to present something.. It's very easy to create it, most of Microsoft products include macros/modules, where you can write visual basic or basic, don't even know, that includes Powerpoint, Access, Excel, Word and as I know Outlook :)So Microsoft Office can be a game? :P

I'm sorry, why would anyone want to play something in powerpoint? Flash exists at least a decade now. Seriously. Can someone answer this for me?

The point may simply to be to push the boundaries on the the software and its use of VBA. You can learn a lot from pushing something as far it may go.

Interestingly this goes for people as well i.e. military basic training.