xisto Community
iGuest

: Free Hosting For Everyone

8tt.org freehosting provides the important feature of using your own domain with 10 GB Disk Space,10 GB Bandwidth,PHP & MySql,with unlimited Databases,and the important feature of ftp and control panel access
click here to join now and enjoy with free hositng

the idea of a web host with 10gb disk and 10gb B/W sounds just too good to be true, and it is! this service is very limited, firstly safe mode is turned ON, there is memory restrictions on php (you can't run big php files), there is no mail (nothing at all) and you cannot use a .htacess file. If you want to, you must upgrade to one of their paid plans!

Yeah, 8TT.org...... I know a lot of good domains are taken, but come on a little more thought at least (what does it stand for anyway? anything?).Also the forums do not work (I get a critical error on a blank white page).I kind of like the design of the home page though, I think it needs some work, but I like it quite a bit actually.

Another major problem is that the system uses LayeredPanel, doesn't even come with cPanel. Another problem is that many functions were disabled for PHP, not good at all. I still prefer Xisto. No other host has interested me more, except paid hosting, but I don't have $$xboxrulz

Same here, no cash at this point for paid hosting, would if I could definitely.I like the hosting here as is, if it were for paid hosting, the only thing I could probably want is more bandwidth if it was to be something intended for greater visiting than at this stage.LayeredPanel huh? never heard of that, one of those free alternatives is it?What kind of PHP functions are disabled (any that are used commonly?).

i hate these sort of average hosting companies just like this one. they have php safe mode turned on, a heap of limitations and they are bad quality.theres this web hosting site that just offer reseller hosting and they like all have the same design pretty much, when i look for hosting, i can always tell if its one of those or not.

I did a bit of digging and apparently they don't actually hosting anything, they don't even run the servers. They are a hosting reseller for a company called hostgator. http://www.hostgator.com/. HostGator looks like most of the other hosting companies, offering huge disk spaces and even larger bandwidths for a huge price (well huge compared to Xisto - Web Hosting!)

So, effectively, it's offering sub-standard hosting for free, which in turn they resell from HostGator (getting it at a relatively low price for the bandwidth and space available, but only for sale in large quantities anyway)? That said, other than the limitations to your site (little PHP, amongst other things), is there any actual downside to having it? For example, if they required participation in forums like Xisto does (for example), clearly it wouldn't be worth the bother. If they had ads lining the top, bottom, side (and everywhere else) of your site, then it'd lower the quality of your site and again not be worth it. If it's almost catch free, though, is it such a bad thing?

I actually think this one asta host is way better than the one you are describing, because who needs a 10gb hoster?

Someone who wants to host a lot of high resolution images and the like? ;)

Regardless, Xisto still strikes me as being the best free host around. I can't say I've tried many, but companies that chuck out storage space and bandwidth like they're going out of fashion care far less than their smaller scale counterparts.

In short: quantity doesn't make up for quality.