xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ALESSANDRO DELPIERO

My Laptop Doesnt Turn On Quite Well.pls Help

i am using an almost 2 year old Compaq laptop. i used to turn on the lap using adapter only..now it doesnt turn on without charging.i mean, at first it doesnt show anything on the screen and only after sometime it turn on..yesterday when i was typing ,it suddenly got switched off also!is it the problem of my battery or adapter? how can i find it out? also, i am using Internet by a wireless connection Lan. now i cant get connected to the net using wireless or wired.. all these problems started from last week...wat could be the problem?

It could be the motherboard failing on you. Please contact HP immediately.
xboxrulz

well,i dont have any wireless problem now. i dont know how.it just got ok.. the only thing is i cant switch on the laptop using battery alone.. and if its working on ac power,it will turn off if i unplug the power cord. and there is no icon of battery in the taskbar too!!
so i guess my battery is dead, right?

and another problem is my laptop is getting heated too much nowadays
Edited by ALESSANDRO DELPIERO (see edit history)

Well it really could be a number of things....What I would do, is go to the control panel...and then to power options, and see if you can find anything relating to a battery there, and the current state of it. It is possible that the battery is dead...although usually you would notice the life get shorter and shorter and shorter....Another thing, if you haven't already, remove the battery and put it back in....maybe the connection is just messed up somehow....Otherwise, contacting HP for support is going to be one of your best options (they should provide free e-mail support for you, if not more)

well,i dont have any wireless problem now. i dont know how.it just got ok.. the only thing is i cant switch on the laptop using battery alone.. and if its working on ac power,it will turn off if i unplug the power cord. and there is no icon of battery in the taskbar too!!so i guess my battery is dead, right?

and another problem is my laptop is getting heated too much nowadays

In that case, your battery might have died. If it was an Apple laptop, I'd tell you to reset your PMU, but normal PCs don't have one, last checked.

xboxrulz

My old Compaq laptop used to do the same things, right before the motherboard finally gave out. I had been using it heavily for a couple years, and i guess under heavy use, it doesn't last much longer than that. I would definitely have it checked by a tech, to see if there's some way to repair it. Especially if it has a heating problem. Some laptops are always hot, but if there's a noticeable increase in the average temperature, something's usually wrong, and waiting only makes things worse, as heat destroys critical components.