xisto Community
minnieadkins

Alternative Mobo Need help in finding a cheap alternative.

My current motherboard: MSI 865PE NEO 2 MS-6728 Ver.1I've done quite a few tests and it's unable to boot up. I replace the PSU and it still doesn't help. Wondering if anyone on here could help me find a reasonably priced MOBO for an alternative. I know nothing when it comes to this sort of stuff, I was hoping someone on here could offer some insight to a cheap replacement. The board is fairly old, I just want to get the pc in working order again. Hope someone can help.

What I would recommend is to first go check out the manufacturer's website (in this case MSI), and find that model of board and check out it's specifications.If the hardware you currently have has worked with it before (it's compatible), then you just need to find a board with similar specifications, like the same cpu, graphics, memory type etc.What I usually do is search around for an online computer store that sells hardware reasonable close to me, and just see what I can find.If it's a bit too old, you may have some trouble finding one to go with your older hardware components.Good luck! (remember to always check for compatibility with your hardware and the board).

you'll have some problem finding a good replacement board, nowadays you'll only find LGA775 boards and you need a Socket478 board. Do you have some shops nearby with a website ? Makes it easy to find a board for you that's easy to get (we can suggest a lot of boards you know, but you even might have to order it abroad).

ps. specs for thos who requested: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

So it's Socket478 just like mine?Yeah it will be more difficult now, I actually upgraded stuff not too long ago and all of a sudden it's all 775 now.However if you find a good localish one online, chances are they might be able to order it in just for you, I have asked several in states close to mine here in Australia that are very reliable and willing to order somewhat older parts for you, so that might hopefully be an option for you.