xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
biggiebi

Bbc?

Well I'm trying to get data from my MySQL database and post it on my frontpage.

This is the query

SELECT name, message, poster FROM flexbb_threads WHERE id = 1
and the message is in BBC. so yeah...

$result = mysql_query("SELECT `name`, `message`, `poster`, FROM `flexbb_threads` WHERE `id` = 1");$data = mysql_fetch_array($result);$data['message'] = parse_bbcode($data['message']);echo $data['name'] . '<br />';echo $data['message'];

First, you retrieve the message from the database and insert one message data into an array (you would call mysql_fetch_array() again for the next row in the result set). After that, you call the function that will replace the BBCode with HTML code; of course, you need to write this yourself (or download appropriate PHP code from a scripting web site), as it is not a part of PHP (I recommend doing so with regular expressions). Finally, you are ready to output data.

For that, you will need to learn MySQL. As I don't know the structure of flexbb_thread, nor exactly what you want to do, I can't help you.

I've tried this to show all the content of the announcements forum.

$result = mysql_query("SELECT name, message, poster FROM flexbb_threads WHERE forumid = 1");$data = mysql_fetch_array($result);echo $data['message'];
name is the Title of the thread, message is the content, poster is the poster. forumid is the forum. forumid = 1 is the announcements. so yeah

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

When you use SELECT in MySQL, you are given a results table if there are multiple rows. mysql_fetch_array returns only one row, so you would have to use a loop in order to display all the announcements..

$result = mysql_query("SELECT `name`, `message`, `poster`, FROM `flexbb_threads` WHERE `forumid` = 1");while ( $data = mysql_fetch_array($result) ) {	echo $data['message'] . '<br />';}

well could you help me with this?

<?php$dbhost = 'host';$dbuser = 'username';$dbpass = 'password';$dbname = 'database';$conn = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die ('Error connecting to mysql');mysql_select_db($dbname);$result = mysql_query("SELECT name, message, poster FROM flexbb_threads WHERE id = 1");$data = mysql_fetch_array($result);$data['message'] = bb2html($data['message']);?> <div align="center">							 <table border="0" width="85%" class="contentbox">								 <tr>									 <td class="topic"><?php echo $data['name']; ?></td>								 </tr>								 <tr>									 <td class="contenttext">										 <?php echo $data['message']; ?>									   </td>								   </tr>								   <tr>									   <td class="by">										   Written by <?php echo $data['poster']; ?></a>									   </td>								   </tr>							</table>						</div><br><br><?php mysql_close($conn); ?>

Edited by biggiebi (see edit history)