xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisAF071405241549

Tunexp a very unique tweaking program for xp

I normally wouldn't recommend using a tweaking program as most of them are very untrustworthy. This one I highly recommend, however. Its very safe and does a few things no other tweaker (to my knowledge) does. Be sure to read the documentation first (in the help menu) though.

From the page:

"This radical, new tool is one of the best and most powerful Windows XP tweakers ever, having a few tweaks, which are unique to the program. Among them are: ultrafast boot (rearrange boot files); boot folder defragmentation; prefetch folder cleaning; DNS cache optimization; and file allocation size tweak. However, that isn't all. It includes a plethora of other performance tweaks, which will make your Windows installation run faster than ever before, as well as Windows Service configuration. For the first time ever, it allows the user to control a few of the most common performance suckers and annoyances.

Version 1.5 has a few major fixes to its code, as well as new tweaks (USB polling and what now)."

http://download.cnet.com/TuneXP/3000-2086_4-10290929.html

Edited by ChrisAF07 (see edit history)

You guys might want to check to see if it's compatible under Windows XP service pack 2. This tunexp program hasn't been updated since 2004. Just make sure that you know what you're getting yourself into, and it wouldn't hurt to back up your files before you mess with your computer. Here's what softpedia had to say about tunexp:

<h2 style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 14px; margin-bottom: 7px; font-weight: normal;">DH TuneXP description

one of the best and most powerful Windows XP tweakers ever</h2> DH TuneXP is a radical, new tool is the one of the best and most powerful Windows XP tweakers ever, supporting totally unseen tweaks, which is unique to the program.

Among <script type="text/javascript"> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js; them is:

- Ultra-fast boot (rearrange boot files)

- Boot folder defragmentation

- Prefetch folder cleaning

- DNS cache optimization

- File allocation size tweak

But that isn't all. It includes a plethora of other performance tweaks, which will make your Windows installation run faster than ever before as well as Windows Service configuration.

For the first time ever, it allows the user to control a few of the most common performance suckers and annoyances

i dont ever use any of those "tweaking" programs or anything like that.i just use the defragger and disk cleanup tools.i have a couple of tuneup/tweaking tools but ive never used them before.

I used to play with those tweaking xp tools and other stuff from reading different articles and posts about windows tweaking, but for sometime I just lost my interest in those kind of things, I usually just do everything what is possible manually and use some cleanup programs every-time I turn off my computer, windows isn't worth the time to tweak it every-time ;)And if it really wasn't updated since 2004, so those unseen features might have been released on other tweaking tools already!

I used to use WarpXp, although I didn't really notice any difference. Though software like these might come in handy since they automatically disable a bunch of features you don't need!Like for example, windows always told me that I have unused icons on my desktop! So what?! It's none of it's business:p