xisto Community
ruled_paper

Web Design Software

Is Adobe Photoshop really good for picture editing? If it is, I plan on using the pictures for webpages. Is there any other notable softwares out there for web design? Thanks in advance.

I used photoshop for designing the images for my webpages and it works GREAT. If you havnt used it before it might take some time to learn to use all the features, try some online tutorials just to learn the types of things you can do. Also photoshop has a feature where u can make ur website all in photoshop and it will slice up the images and write the code. I would not suggest this, because then your whole page is images and gets very large. The code is also not always neat and up to standards. But to answere your question i would get photoshop ;)

Is Adobe Photoshop really good for picture editing? If it is, I plan on using the pictures for webpages. Is there any other notable softwares out there for web design? Thanks in advance.

Yes, Adobe Photoshop is a very good picture editing software but now you have other free choices like The GIMP, give it a try.

Best regards,

If you have the money to buy Photoshop, go ahead, but if you're a student or just don't have to much money to spend on such software open-source or free alternatives like the Gimp would be your choice, you can make a lot of really cool looking things with it and with current support for it is really very easy, there are plenty tutorials and IRC channels with people using it.. Also I know about Paint.NET but I never really used it longer than 5 minutes, but I heard good comments about it, you can even use IrfanView for simple things like scaling and etc. ;)