xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LOL1405241550

On-line Game

hi.. somebody can tell me what program i can use to make a good game.. on-line??
like.. MU, ragnarock, battlefield....... somebody please tell me.. thanks...

bye..

I use a free program called Xtremeworlds. It makes a good 2d game with lots of sprites and areas already created for you, all you have to do is tweak some things you want. Its online and enjoyable but i'm not sure if its the kind of source you're looking for.

I use a free program called Xtremeworlds. It makes a good 2d game with lots of sprites and areas already created for you, all you have to do is tweak some things you want. Its online and enjoyable but i'm not sure if its the kind of source you're looking for.

WOW MAN.. THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.. I NEED A PROGRAM FOR 3D GAME BUT I WILL TRY YOUR RECOMENDATION

THANK YOU MAN..BYE ^.^

You can't make 3D games just like that, especially if they are MMORPGs. It requires lots of programming/modeling knowledge, as well as much experience. Not to mention that you would need a team of people in order to work quickly and accomplish everything. After all, it's rather impossible for one person to know everything necessary for a 3D MMORPG game.Oh, and by the way - Google is your friend ;) You are not the only one that would like to make games, so look for similar discussions on other web sites.

I also have to agree here, that you probably aren't going to get very far with creating a 3D game by yourself, work at trying to find a team of people that can help you. Otherwise it'll take years and years (actually it does even with a team of people), and by the time you are finished, the game will not be as good as other 3D games that were created in a shorter period of time.

First off i suggest you learn the basics of C++, go here

And if you have any problems when learning find an IRC channel for c++ help im don't know one but im sure there are ones out there, just google it.

You'll nead an IDE (integrated development enviroment) for c++ i recommend codeblocks

Once you have that under your belt your set....

For your 3D game you'll need:

a graphics engine like irrlicht and then apply it with irrWizard. This is a good setup. And there are several extras for irrlicht like irrEdit, irrNetwork and so on... (irrNetwork is so you can make your game online... so people can play other people over the internet!)

You'll will need a map design program (not sure what they are called):

a good one is GTKRadiant, to set it up go here

And you'll need a modeller... i suggest Blender

Okay thats what you are going to need at most.

irrWizard is awesome becuase it already supplies AI (computer controlled players)

Don't get fustrated it takes a while to learn C++...

THERE IS ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE I KNOW OF... which is probably a lot easier.

Google my capitals words if confused(becuase i am not onehundred percent familiar with this:

learn and get the PYTHON enviroment... This shouldn't take long it is a lot less complicated language than C++ but they both have the same concepts, thus once you've learned it it will be easeir to go and leanr other programming languages!

once you got PYTHON, read about PYGAME - to make 2D games and get familiar with it.

then learn about py3d (PYTHON 3D) or something like that and pyOpenGL (PYTHON OPENGL) - to make 3D games

That's it

hopes this helps!

Edited by MGM (see edit history)

There's a free kick-*bottom* 3D animation (open source too) program with Python scripting and it has a sort of drag and drop game making featre. Haven't made any games weith it myself though. There's lots of material on the web anyway. Hope this helps.

a GREAT!!! way to get game programming is to go to java.sun.com if u play liek runescape or habo ect... they use java sun mircosystem and if u go to java.sun.com u can learn loads of different scripting codes for 2D or 3D MMORPG's u should try it its very helpful

Agreed, go with Python to start things off. Real easy to learn, real easy to create programs with. Post your finished projects out for download on some game development sites. There are a lot of those on the web.
Hopefully you understand the time and resources it takes to pull something like MU off, and even MU's not that great lol. Start small, finish something, build on your experiences and advice from others. And probably most important of all, get help! By the time you've finished a simple 3d game on your own a team of 5-10 could've made 2 or 3.

I speak strongly on this because I plan to make games for a living one day too. A pipe dream, yeah, but a dream nonetheless.

Good luck!

EDIT: Oh. Damn. Almost half a month late. :rolleyes:
Edited by Grave (see edit history)