xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Extplorer A PHP -and JavaScript- based File Manager

Browsing the ExtJS examples website i found this excellent web-based file manager called eXtplorer. eXtplorer allows you to browse your webserver folders with an intuitive Layout which makes working with files very easy, and thanks to the great ExtJS Javascript Library you can drag & drop folders and files, filter directories and sort the file list using various criteria.

You can use eXtplorer to for example:

browse directories & files on the server.

edit, copy, move, delete files.

search, upload and download files.

create and extract archives.

create new files and directories.

change file permissions (chmod).

login to a FTP server and work as if you were using an FTP client.

eXtplorer is released under a dual-license: the Mozilla Public License (MPL 1.1) or the GNU General Public License (GNU/GPL) and to work it needs at least PHP 4.3 and an up-to-date browser with Javascript enabled to run.

Best regards,

Does that mean that it works only with Mozilla, and it will not work with IE ?

No, it works with any browser, the Mozilla Public License (MPL) is an open source and free software license, and is one of the many licenses that exists, like for example the GNU General Public License or the BSD License.

For more information visit Mozilla Public License.

Best regards,

I honestly thought it was a typo and you meant "explorer" as in, Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer lmao.

No, it is not a typo, this script have this name because it is based on the Ext JS library, thats why is named eXtplorer.
Best regards,

So is this meant to be installed on a web server?I was thinking at first it was some sort of FireFox extension lol but I can see now from the description that it is not.Is this better than the standard affair used in CPanel and such, is it meant as a replacement for those particular features, or just an alternative for those features only?

So is this meant to be installed on a web server?
I was thinking at first it was some sort of FireFox extension lol but I can see now from the description that it is not.

Is this better than the standard affair used in CPanel and such, is it meant as a replacement for those particular features, or just an alternative for those features only?

Yes, this is meant to be installed on a web server. If you want you can replace your standard CPanel file manager, it's your decision, i just start to use it and as first sight it's GUI is very impressive but it has some errors, i guess that in the near future it would be more stable.

My recommendation, give it a try.

Best regards,

permissions problems

Extplorer

I have some problems with the eXtplorer features, I cannot upload files and cannot create file/directory.

Is it becoz of directory permissions?

Can someone tell me all the directory permissions setting in eXtplorer?

TQ in advance,

Best regards