xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

Looking For Resources Creative Commons please

Because of some disputes over copyrighted content, I had to remove some of my web development tutorials and stuff from my website. I do wish to offer such tutorials though, but I wish to do so completely legal, as the previous stuff was borderline plagiarized apparently.

I am looking for tutorials for:

- (X)HTML

- CSS

- SVG

I would prefer them in a Creative Commons license format, or a similar system (I have to learn about it first). Any relevant and appropriate content under any license is good. However, I prefer to be able to creative derivative works from it, and I do not plan to use any of the works commercially, so therefore look for:

*BY-NC

*BY-NC-SA

*BY-SA

*BY

I tried using the search engine located at http://search.creativecommons.org/, but I found little to no good content when searching. I do not have a lot of time to rewrite my tutorials in very different words as I am quite busy with stuff, so CC content is the way to go here.

Anything related would be helpful, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

By tutorials are you reffering to how to do certain things with the language (XHTML, CSS, SVG) or an introduction to the language and some of its syntax's etc (or both?)

This website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ has heaps of tutorials (in normal html), very simple stuff though, like lists, backgrounds, tags etc etc.

EDIT: Also, have a look at these pages (both Creative Commons)
XHTML Part 1
XHTML Part 2

Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)

By tutorials are you reffering to how to do certain things with the language (XHTML, CSS, SVG) or an introduction to the language and some of its syntax's etc (or both?)

I'm looking for stuff that would be helpful and would generally teach beginners who know nothing about (X)HTML, CSS or SVG. The audience is intended for beginners who know nothing, also as a handy resource for people to refer to if necessary.

This website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ has heaps of tutorials (in normal html), very simple stuff though, like lists, backgrounds, tags etc etc.

Yes, that site is perfect for this. Too bad I can't create derivative works from it though, unless I ask for permission.

EDIT: Also, have a look at these pages (both Creative Commons)

XHTML Part 1

XHTML Part 2

I also stumbled across that when I was searching. I find that tutorial to be too "unorderly" for a beginner to learn from. So I'm probably not going to use that one.

If I can't find any more of these resources, then I guess I will have to write my tutorials carefully.

*nods* I thought that might be the case. Still, saying that, w3schools is the only resource I really use (other than forums) for web tutorials so I guess it's one of the best (or at least one of the most known). ;)

I have a whole new idea for this now. It will be the next generation of HTML/web building tutorials if I am successful, and it will increase the accessibility of the tutorials (both for visually-impaired [blind] and hearing-impaired [deaf] users).Now I just need motivation to do this, and I got this idea from YouTube, Microsoft and other sites which are employing this technology within lessons, courses, etc.(note that I didn't share that idea publicly ;))