xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HabboCone

How To Make A Game games

How do i make a game to put on a website?? i think it will be fun to do and a good experince. so if you could please reply and i would thank you alot. like make a racing game or something like that. ;););)

well, it depends if you want it web-based or client-based.Web-based games are ones like runescape (runescape.com an example using java) or Adventurequest (battleon.com, an example using flash) or slavehack (slavehack.com, an example using PHP/MySql)The first thing you need if you are going to program a game like this is knoledge of the language, id play about with PHP/MYSQL before you start (both installed on Xisto) using w3schools.com, think of ideas whilst your doing this, for flash games you need Adobe Flash on your PC, you can download a free trial at adobe.com. Java, i dont know a thing about, only that it and javascript aint the same thing (this confused me to insanity when i thought they were the same thing XD)If you are making, as you say, a racing game which is web-based, be prepared to pay for either Flash or Java. With client-based games (games that you download) it becomes slightly easier, there are programs out there to help you, including gamemaker (gamemaker.nl) and im sure there will be many more.So yeah, one tip: before you start, plan and sort any potential problems, otherwise you will run into major problems, sometimes even need to use another language which makes what you did faitly pointless....Once you start, you will find that most programming languages are similer and will pick them up in no time, or at least thats what i found happens~Network

Edited by Network (see edit history)

The main groups are desktop (I suggest C++/opengl), text (PHP), and Browser (Java/Flash). Pick a language you know, and just start off small. The creator of Runescape made stuff like minesweeper and tetris for ages.

well I read the answer that was given about the flash and the php/mysql and that kind of made me concerned since I have a website that is mostly php for the games but they are flash games aka .Swf files with a php file with it. I also have Adobe Flash Cs3 that I got because I was wanting to make my own games for my site. Now I am still learning and having a lot of troubles getting answers to where to even begin with question that at the time are clear but by the time I actually find some one that knows what they are doing I have forgot the question, and now after reading that answer this is really confusing me because does this mean that I can't make games for my site with Adobe Flash Cs3 for my phpbb arcade? Please email me with a way for me to get back with you on this because I am really needing help from an expert.

Thank you very much in advance,

ccgmagic

-question by ccgmagic