xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HabboCone

Viruses About my viruses

Every 5 minutes or so my McAfee pops up saying "Virus Found" So i go to remove it and i can't. ;) What do i do to remove it?it pops up with viruses saying Trojan and PW cracker stuff like that ;):P;)

Are you trying to remove McAfee or the virus? I currently run AVG antivirus and I don't have any such problems. When I used to run Mcafee, a virus took over my computer and rendered mcafee completely useless. Have you tried to quarantine the virus and then manually delete it? Maybe you are being hijacked or something... You can try a host of other methods too if you still get the virus problem. Lavasoft adawarehijackthisor install a new antivirus and see if it works.

Yeah, most anti-viruses can't remove this virus.

I ended up having to do a search on Google to find the answer.

Long story short, this is what I ended up using:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

You may want to research it further since there is a manual method of doing this if you aren't confident about using yet another mystery program.

It cleared things up for me right away.

vujsa

Another possibility would be to use one of the antivirus programs that you boot from a CD. This way you can delete all of the files that are currently being used by the OS. The big thing to remember is to update your definitions before running it.My personal favorite is to remove the hard drive from the afflicted computer and mount it in a known good system as a data drive. Boot the good OS and then run virus scan on the data drive. This only woks if you have a second machine but I am fortunate and have many such systems.

Another possibility would be to use one of the antivirus programs that you boot from a CD. This way you can delete all of the files that are currently being used by the OS. The big thing to remember is to update your definitions before running it.

If you can't find an antivirus program that boot from CD, maybe you can try avast. After installation, you can do a startup boot scan. And that's really boot scan. Like in Bios. Not those load to windows and does all the scanning in windows. ;)

Assuming you've already tried removing the viruses in question via "Safe Mode" and/or through your "Administrator" account... I would almost have to guess that the virus is somehow set into an important .dll that's loaded even through safe mode, and/or it has created/hacked another user account on the computer, and set access only to that user...however, something tells me this is yet another thing I hate about windows and their continual plight to provide seemingly endless security breeches in their software...I know it's quite trite at this point but the ultimate solution has to be a *nix OS... ;)