xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
robert2411

Free Dedicated Servers?

does somwane nows if there is a possibilitie to get a game server or a Dedicated server for freei want it fore a website the is about mapping and modding frome gamessow i can show the maps wat the members have made and whene i have a dedicated server i can make the site mutch lacher and betterso i hope somwane nows a waya lot of thanksrobert

well probably no, no hosting company would have free dedicated servers i dont reckon.i suppose you could look but i wouldnt count on it.

I Highly doubt you are going to be able to find a free dedicated server anywhere as that would cost a lot of money to maintain...and so why would you have free dedicated servers...think about it...even the cost of the servers alone are a ton...

robert2411, that site only gives you 1 month of a free 10 man dedicated server. and then during that month you have to try and get 8 more referals. waste of time even looking for a free dedicated server.

Yep, you won't find any decent free dedicated servers anyway.If you do find one i can almost guarantee that it will have constant downtime and it would be very unstable.Best answer to this is to simply host it yourself. If you have the upload bandwidth and speed you can do it. I think that for any low/medium populated servers you'd need to have about 512/1mbps upload speed. I don't know what internet plans are like in your country but here in australia adsl2+ is making its way to be the standard, including 1mbps upload speed. Enough to host a server with a decent amount of people.Anyways, that's if you have the money for a new connection or you have a connection like that in the first place. Otherwise, you're pretty much going to have to pay for a game server. -HellFire