xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

Halo 3 Launch

Who here is excited for the all new entry of the epic trilogy that is known as Halo? It's going to be another runaway success like all other Bungie games. Now, for the first time coming to the XBOX 360, the game has been estimated to make $20 million the first day of the game's release.

Is there anyone who's going to the midnight release event? Unfortunately I'm not because of school reasons ;).

Visit my Halo 3 Event Centre!

xboxrulz

not me!!! (answer to the first 18 words ;)) LOLi hate halo and xbox. lol.anyway im sure alot of people like the game and are excited and will be rushing to buy it since it seems popular.your page takes a while to load, lol, its full of videos.

Edited by Sten (see edit history)

Hmm... Im a little late to read this post. Halo 3 already came out. I dont have an xbox 360 so it doesnt matter to me but I know a few friends that went and got one and then got the Halo 3 game. From the beta things on youtube, it looks cool with some cool new vehicals and weapons. I am not the biggest Halo Fan (mostly because I hardly ever play it and when I do it is never on campain). I am just woundering if it will hit the $20 million mark on it's first day. That is a lot of people buying a game (on its first day of release even), then again I guess lots of people will buy multiple copys and sell them on Ebay hoping for a shortage.Sparkx

I too lack a 360 and I'm not as huge into halo as alot of people, that said attendance in all my CS courses was down a bit from the normal today because of that game hahaha. I know a lot of people that won't be leaving their homes much for a week or two so they can max the time spent with the latest 360 gem.I personally will never go to a midnight release for a videogame, frankly it's not worth it to play a game a few hours earlier then others. That said I hope if you went it was fun haha.

lol, I agree with you Jeigh. I think they are utterly pointless. Even for video game consoles, just preorder the product, you'll get it for sure. I have my preorder good until Thursday. I couldn't go tonight because I'm busy with homework and studying for Physics for tomorrow's test >.<".My friend during 4th period spare rushed in his van to Futureshop just so he can have the Legendary Edition Halo 3.I just simply love the Halo storyline. I have all the games (incl. Halo 3 since I have it preordered) and all the books. The game is fun, and the storyarc is utmost interesting.xboxrulz

I too join the line of 'non-360' people, but would love to get one! The only thing people have been talking about for the last few days is halo 3. I actually have some friends who went to the midnight opening, and they looked really bad the next day - apparently they were up all night playing! They even skipped a few classes, just so they could go home and play halo.

Heck, most of my friends on XBOX Live are playing Halo 3 at the moment:

Posted Image

I have a friend who always skips on Halo day. He skipped for Halo 2 and 3. Won't be a surprise if he skipped Halo Wars Day.

My physics teacher allowed me to bring in Halo 3 so we can use Forge to calculate trajectories and grenade blasts. Also, tank dropping.

xboxrulz

Halo 3 has been getting more hype then it really needed. The game is not that great of a game it just like many other first person shooters just with a different story. But with microsofts power, it made the game a over hyped monster in which everyone is talking about right now. The game itself is nothing like what the first game was. Halo 2 was fun but not as fun as what it could have been. And Halo 3 which is supposedly be the conclusion to the trilogy of the alien invasion, is just and improved version of halo 2 and added content that was balanced and content that was not added in halo 1 or 2 added to 3. Some of which are the hammer, the atv, and the flame thrower. The game itself is very fun and has improved somewhat but the improvements is nothing to big of what I think should be a over hyped game. I played almost over 80% of the game and the story has lost its interest over me because it seems to be doing more twists that was needed in the game. I honestly believe bungie lost its direction with the halo story and that was the reason due to the main concentration on the improvement for the gameplay. They had to sacrifice the story for the gameplay, which could be for the better or for the worse depending on the player of the game. I for one preferred the story to have a good closing over the already perfect gameplay. But as this games main concentration is multiplay, the gameplay was more of a concern for bungie. I hope once I finish the game I will be able to finish the game with a smile then grin which im having currently...

Halo is a good game series, but nothing to get overly hyped about. People in my school talked about it for weeks, got to the store right after school and waited outside until midnight, then were mysteriously absent the next few days after its release. I think that may be a little much, but someone in my youth group thinks that even pre-ordering a game is obsessing.

I'm an average fan of Halo. I wasn't super excited for the release, but I did have the chance to play the game. I thought the graphics, new weapons, new vehicles, and armor were great! The gameplay was still pretty much the same compared to Halo 1 and 1, however. I haven't gotten to play multiplayer yet, but Halo 3 is still a really fun game!