xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

Messenger Mail Bug?

Over the past few days (It is September 23, 2007 now) I have noticed what appears to be a bug in Yahoo! Messenger concerning unread mail. No matter if there are unread messages or not, Messenger always reports new mail. I have even gone through the trouble of deleting EVERYTHING from my mail account and it still pops up. The same behavior happens on Yahelite and Pidgen so it is a server side bug. Yahoo! has been upgrading their server so I would expect that this is a side effect of some of the upgrades.Of course this could be confined to me so let me know if you are also having this problem.

I don't have this problem. Just tested it.Started Y! Messenger and firstly got new mail notification, so read new messages, closed Y! messenger and started it again. This time got no new email notification.I'm using Y! Messenger 8.1.0.402 on Windows XP.