xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dserban

Os-air - If Airlines Were Like Operating Systems

Different operating systems. Different styles. But what if the quirks and styles of the different operating systems were applied to AIRLINES? What if airlines ran things the way operating systems do? This humorous analogy, applying operating system philosophies as if they were airlines, is a long-standing, much-circulated, amusing story.

http://www.zyra.org.uk/os-air.htm

Edited by dserban (see edit history)

That is a cool article. Someone put a lot of thought into that joke. But it is true lol. Windows Air how often does that happen to the new Windows Vista (I dont have it but aparently from people I know it happens a lot). They should make a youtube video out of that. I dont know how but if someone ever found a way to it would get lots of hits. Think about that just sitting there and the word Unix comes up then a scene of 50 people bringing random airplane parts and trying to asemble them on the runway.Thanks,Sparkx

amazing!!!I really love "Linux Air", is good to feel yourself like a part of something. I'm feeling like a passenger of "economic class", I've printed my own ticket and downloaded the seat-HOWTO.html to my recycled laptop. Sometimes I have to compile my own coffee and clean the glasses, but everyone in that airplane loves the travel, see the same beautiful sky, and the most important: dream so far of Bill's nightmare.Blessings!

Here is my opinion on each of these:UNIX Air: Not for me. Every random part that people bring would be incompatible with each other, all the passengers would have to relearn safety and security each time they fly, if they ever compile an actual plane.Air DOS: Good if you are flying very short distances?Windows/Windows NT Air: Shouldn't they include "Are you sure you want this plane to explode? Continue/Cancel [C/C]" And of course if you press "C", it will go to Continue as the default option.Windows XP Air: It is bearable, although quite annoying. I would pay a little more to go onto...;) Windows Vista Air: I would love to go on this airline. Everything is perfect here except for being punched in the face. I think that everyone should ask for confirmation when doing anything. I can't wait to get User Account Control on Windows Vista.;) OS X Air: This one would be quite suitable for me also. It should be very comfortable. However, do you need to bring certain movies and music so it can be played?Linux Air: From what this article says, it seems to be excellent. However, it doesn't say if the plane's communication breaks down, then everyone will need to use the emergency exit float in the air until the plane is reassembled, somehow in the air. There are so many troubles to installing/maintaining a Linux system, even for Ubuntu!That's what I think about every one of them anyways. What's your opinion?

Quick off topic - Many people have installed ubuntu, and other, linux systems with literally no problems ;)Back on topic, that was hilarious haha. I love those geeky jokes where people make interesting analogies between well none softwares/companies and some other entities we can all relate to haha. WOO!

That is hilarious! I thought Vista was meant to be streamlined and cool, but obviously not so. Does the man punching you in the face resemble User Account Control, as it is a pain in the neck? I fly in economy+ with them as I have Vista Home Premium. OSX Air: Sadly true, it is missing the charm of other OS's...Windows NT Air: To be honest, that is true as well.