xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Making Animated Gifs

Is it possible to make animated images using PHP's GD library?I've done searches, and I can't find anything that explains it fully, or doesn't need you to download a special program, which obviously, I couldn't use with Xisto.Can anyone help? I'm not aure how animated gifs work, I don't know if all the frames are compressed within the .gif file as separate images, or whether it's structured another way.

i dont no about gifs but a flash animation is better than a gif animation and i no that php can generate flash animations.if you download and install xampp, once you go to localhost, theres a list on the side of examples. one of them is called flash art. it just lets you write something in the text field and it generates a little flash animation with the writing moving everywhere.im gathering this is for your status signature thing though, and flash ones wont be the people favourites, i dont no if you could or not.

Is it possible to make animated images using PHP's GD library?
I've done searches, and I can't find anything that explains it fully, or doesn't need you to download a special program, which obviously, I couldn't use with Xisto.

Can anyone help? I'm not aure how animated gifs work, I don't know if all the frames are compressed within the .gif file as separate images, or whether it's structured another way.

Habble,

There's a class you can use. Here's the link. You'll need to register with the website to download it but totally worth the effort.

Using PHP you're able to create GIF files with imagegif(); and other functions using the GD library and that means that you can also create GIF as animations!The link to php classes does what you want and you can even find more.. In addition, you could also create javascript animations :) by changing pictures in this case they will act as frames, but this isn't very good in my opinion, unless it's some ASCII art animation. :)

hey guys, it is really amusing to build or create animated GIF's using Photoshop CS3 Extended. The procedures are quite straightforward, you make a 'NEW' project (depends on your own preferences), then you prepare for the FRAMES (which you will fill with your preferred contents). To open 'Animation', point to the drop down menu ,'VIEW' then click 'Animation.' That will open a film like ribbon at the bottom of the photoshop environment which you will add frames on it and timings.Now you are ready to add contents on your 'new' project, CREATE layers for different contents you'll add and at the same time ADD frames, each layer would correspond ANOTHER frame, in which you preferably make an animation (sequence, timings, the way it will appear/disappear, etc.). Then of course you save your project as 'gif' format. When saving, point to FILE, then '...save as Web & Devices.."It's quite easy, get used to it for awhile.