xisto Community
Marcella

Playstation 3 Emulator?

I've tried my hands on a couple of PS2 emulators. The compatibility is very poor when it comes to playing demanding games. And if it does run, the chances of getting even a decent amount of FPS is low, unless you have the latest graphics card installed.You can imagine the plight of a PS3 emulator, if they still haven't been able to match the performance of a PS2 with the high clock speeds of a modern PC. The fact of the matter is that, while the Play Stations and other consoles are specifically optimized for gaming, the PC is not. Despite the advancements in Direct X, the games in PC are never going to match those of the consoles.

Uhm, every single generation consoles get overpowered by computers before the next gen of consoles come out. That said they wont have emulators out before the PS4 haha. It's just a matter of complexity. Emulating the cell architecture on a traditional pc would be murder. This is why now psx emulators are doable, but ps2 work pretty shitily haha. They still haven't finished working on ps2 emulation and the cell is exponentially more difficult and more complex. Let alone, as mentioned that the hardware required to run such an emulator would be off the charts for the time being.

It's nice to see and be in the emulation community, just seeing what they can do.I have always wanted to program a basic one myself (something along the lines of SMS or GameGear), but learning how to do it, is by no means a simple task, let alone emulating something like a PS2 and even further the PS3.Though we can certainly get some killer looking games on PC, they are made for PC and aren't trying to emulate some other piece of hardware, so you can see the performance really takes a hit.

Having a PS3 emulater is going to be a challenge for any person right now. Its just too much effort that is going to be needed to crack and dicipher the encryption of how the ps3 runs its games. The PSX emulator that is out there is still having problems but works quite just like the system itself but it took probably 4 or 5 years before that could probably have the main kinks out and it still a little buggy on certain games without the right bios. PS2 emulators are not even out with working games that can handle or read the encoding on discs too well. But I believe there are some already out there that are able to read the ps2 discs but many bugs arises from it. Game system emulators are a very cool software that I find very intersting but if more hackers were to work on the project the game developers would and possible go out of business and we would not have the entertainment of games that are provided for us today. Although I enjoy the emulation the games I also enjoy that everyone should go out and buy the games before playing the emulated version. Supporting games developers is key if you want them to keep making the games that you enjoy so much. We dont want the industry turning out like the music industry where music sales are falling dramatically due to heavy downloads...

we cant even emulate ps2 really, so it will be a long time before a ps3 or 360 emulator comes out.

P.S. If we buy the games now, will be giving the companies money so we can get another console so buy them now and torrent them later 

-reply by microfetis

GO FOR ITPlaystation 3 Emulator?Well if you are going to think about it you should try to make a ps2 emulator first without us trying to get the graphics set up and everything else like that I beleive that the ps3 emulator will finaly be produced when the ps4 comes out when the computers of the modern day can incrypt the the disk and play them I beleive things like working wii emulators work like the ps2 ones is you need the disk but the graphics would be like the ps1 because not many people I know have a graphics card installed and the lag from slow running computers would ruin it but hey if you think you can do it its a challenge but you can be inovative :D-reply by Derek

GO FOR IT

Playstation 3 Emulator?

Well if you are going to think about it you should try to make a ps2 emulator first without us trying to get the graphics set up and everything else like that I beleive that the ps3 emulator will finaly be produced when the ps4 comes out when the computers of the modern day can incrypt the the disk and play them I beleive things like working wii emulators work like the ps2 ones is you need the disk but the graphics would be like the ps1 because not many people I know have a graphics card installed and the lag from slow running computers would ruin it but hey if you think you can do it its a challenge but you can be inovative :o

-reply by Derek

<p> </p>

Nowadays we can program on the GPU which is a great advantage because it allows us to do the same kind of multitasking like on a cell cpu, but programming a GPU is incredibly hard and I think we'll first see older emulators being ported to the GPU before they start with the real deal.

PS3 Emulation is very doable it just requires the right people to do it and unfortuantly dumb people that cant even emulate PS2 are talking about how impossible it is and we have to wait for the future

P.S. I have a full PS2 Emulators with my own bios and plugins and my computer has a very sucky graphics card but I worked around that and the emulator is even better than my PS2 itself 

-reply by Executioner

WORKING PS3 emulatorPlaystation 3 Emulator?

yea I have a ps3 emulator.  it works fine and it works great. I created it myself and also its own bios. 

-reply by Alex C.

how to download ps3 gamesPlaystation 3 Emulator?

I am a big fan of playstation 3 but I can not afford playstation 3 . I have a PC that can Run latest games so I would like to know Can we download ps3 games on pc ? if yes Can we run on it ?Thank you for your reply

-reply by demiroush1835

Game Console Lovers Should just stick to there GamePads!!Playstation 3 Emulator?

I find it absurd how PC "END USERS" aka Game Console Lovers, fail to realize the simple truth... These Game Consoles are created using existing COMPUTER Technology, thru the design phase, beta etc...  By the time these Consoles hit the retail shelves the technology is already old... The "PC (PERSONAL COMPUTER)" is and always will be ahead of stand alone game machines... WHY come on folks, "THEY ARE A COMPUTER"!! I think what most programmers fail to realize is this, to truely emulate a console, you must remember what they are, instead of trying to create a program that will run under a gui, do what sony does, eliminate the resource hungry GUI and boot straight to emulation OS!!  IE  MULTI BOOT...

1.  HPUX

2.  MS-DOS/Windows

3. Game Console XXX

MY point is simply this everything you need to "emulate" an existing console is in the console, sony has drivers for there hardware, which changes just like any other semiconductor based industry, consoles of a particular line don't all have identical hardware...

I would like to see a very basic emulation of the ps3 inorder to communicate with users of the ps3, utilize the I'm, communciate with everyone, not this cult like mentality..  *** sony are you hiding something from the rest of the world that you have to hide behind your PSN??  Why don't you step outside the box, for a moment, and stop your lame attempts of isolation, your constant system updates, only prolong the inevitable, THE ONLY WAY WE ARE GOING TO SURVIVE AS A SPECIES IS TOGETHER!! 

-reply by CrashnAZ

Game Console Lovers Should just stick to there GamePads!!Playstation 3 Emulator?

I agree with you CrashnAZ.

It is pathetic to see console lovers rave on about how much better consoles are than PC's when they are technically the same thing, they are both PC's! I personally think my high end gaming PC is better than the consoles that are currently out because it can not only run new games but I can use it for other things such as programming, photo editing, and word processing e.T.C. The PC is indeed not designed for games, it is designed to do EVERYTHING, not just gaming. I just got Need for Speed Shift and I can run it all on high and it looks awesome. I also have my 600Wrms stereo and TV connected to the computer so I can even sit on the couch and play games if I want. I also have a momo racing steering wheel and a decent joystick so there's no need to use a keyboard and mouse although it is still an option. Not only that but with games like Fallout 3 I can add some serious mods to the game that completely change everything, it's like a whole new game. So how are consoles better? the truth is that they are not, they are just more convenient for most people who don't know how to use a PC properly. 

Also remember the game Farcry? When it can out they had to tone downThe graphics so it would run on the crappy PSP. Don't believe me? checkIt out under "Other versions and console ports"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_Cry. You will notice it looks like crap on the PSP but the PC version looks awesome.

Also, a note on these emulators. The emulator mimics the PSP and translates the operations into something the PC can understand, that means the PC has to do the same operations as the PSP would but then performs additional operations so that it can run on the PC, I.E. For a PSP to run on a PC, the PC needs to be of much better spec than the PSP. That is the reason emulators are slow. It's because the PC is doing twice the work of what a PSP would. If you tried putting a PC emulator on a PSP to run PC games you would find that even a PSP3 would not be able to handle PC games that were made five years ago, it just doesn't have the grunt.

FYI, I have a PSP emulator that is capable of not only playing PSP games but performs additional rendering that makes the games look 10 times better than the ****ty PSP and I can play my PSP games at a resolution of 1920x1080. I'm trying out a PSP2 emulator at the moment, the PSP2 emulator is also capable of performing additional rendering and will probably look better than the PSP2 as well.

And to answer demiroush183's question, there are currently no PSP3 emulators available so no.

-reply by ALM865

Actually the pcsx2 (ps2 emulator) doesn't need a great graphics card to run well.The emulation of ps2 (and ps3 when it comes out) is almost completely based on your processor. For perfect ps2 emulation you need about 3-4 ghz dual core (because quad core threading is not supported by pcsx2) processor and not so expensive graphics card. For example Intel's core 2 duo e8500 processor which costs only 190$ has 3,16 ghz clocks and if overclocked, it can reach up to 4,2 ghz on normal aftermarket air cooling. And what it comes to emulating ps3 I think we could build some kind of buggy software that emulates ps3 about 5 fps on a 4ghz dual core (quick calculation based on the fact that ps3's cell processor clocks at 3,2 ghz and emulators usually require 5-10 times faster and more powerful system to run well). But if some of you are seriosly waiting for ps3 emulation for pc I'd say that it would be possible somewhere near 2018 or 2019 when we have 5nm 8 ghz 512mb cache 10-core processors.

-reply by TheFlameFox