xisto Community
WaLhEZ

Operator (opera + Privoxy + Tor )

OperaTor is the union of the anonimazor Tor and Privoxy with the well-known and popular navigator Operates 9,2 in portable version for memories USB. This way nothing in the system settles and allows connecting this memory to sail anonymously with your favorite navigator anywhere, a library, cybercafé, etc.

Download

http://www.gigasize.com/get/3195427300/OperaTor.rar

Isn't it better to install Opera and then Privoxy, because it is easy, very easy, or these days even using a wizard is hard? :blink: and just add the proxy in the Opera browser with the right ports, usually Privoxy is very good on default, if you don't need anything special. ;]

Sure but this version of opera that I have left is for using with the memories usb so that remembers that there are times that house salts and you must use some computer and so that not to take your navigator I prefer along with opera and tor one of the best systems proxys, for that reason this version is different so that it does not need to be installed if not that starts from our memory USB. It hears by the way I have made a videotutorial about the use of Tor and of how to form it in firefox if you want you can see it:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/16840-topic/

my english sucks.

Edited by WaLhEZ (see edit history)

need operator trick for opera 10 for windows mobileOperator (opera + Privoxy + Tor )

Hi guys, got sony ericcsson xperia x1 but cant browse with opera 10 for windows mobile. Need to access the operator trick nd configure it. Please help.

-reply by eagle

OperaTor is the union of the anonimazor Tor and Privoxy with the well-known and popular navigator Operates 9,2 in portable version for memories USB. This way nothing in the system settles and allows connecting this memory to sail anonymously with your favorite navigator anywhere, a library, cybercafé, etc.

Download

http://www.gigasize.com/get/3195427300/OperaTor.rar

This link is obsolete, does not work any more.

It is obvious that OP's post is broken because post is 4 year old and there is no way that link can remain active. There is an add-on for firefox that lets you surf like Turbo feature in opera which uses proxy. YOu can use that add-on if you want. But in my opinion its better to surf for the opera tor as it is good in case of privacy tools. Firefox add-on for turbo alternative doesn't give good privacy and speed for operator.

By the way, this is the new link of opera tor. It's about 6.4 mb download and once you download that just extract in some USB drive or in some folder of your harddisk. From there you can run the program. No need to install or uninstall the program in anyway. Hope that helps to solve your problem. There are some alternative URLs of softpedia and other sites but i prefer not to use them. They're slow and risky full of ads. So just download the operator from letwist.net

because post is 4 year old

Yes I know but... guess what? I was goggling looking for a portable firewall I would be able to carry on my USB key, and the link I clicked raised the current topic! Probably the way I asked my question drove this answer. Or nobody else looked for a portable version of privoxy during four years.
Or I am the only guy interested by this kind of topic.
However, I find it useful to put my own PC as proxy for other ones who don't have direct access to Internet, but I don't want to install things which will start services I don't need all the day long. So a portable version does the job, when I start privoxy the services start on my PC and the client machine is able to reach outside, else this machine is isolated from the outside world.

You should also be aware that running a secure browser from an insecure computer, especially a public terminal at a library or whatever, does not make you safe. You might be making your requests through Tor, but there are a gazillion ways for someone who had control of that computer to track what you were doing, such as key-loggers or Trojan horses (though as a friend of mine likes to point out, the actual horse was Greek). It is also very difficult to delete individual files securely from a USB drive. There is some good detail on that problem here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ .

it is probably better to use a laptop or smart phone with TOR and a https over wireless (or VPN) than a USB-based "secure" browser on a public computer.

By the way, this is the new link of opera tor. It's about 6.4 mb download and once you download that just extract in some USB drive or in some folder of your harddisk. From there you can run the program. No need to install or uninstall the program in anyway. Hope that helps to solve your problem. There are some alternative URLs of softpedia and other sites but i prefer not to use them. They're slow and risky full of ads. So just download the operator from letwist.net

letwist.net seems currently down. :unsure: I will have a look at archetwist.