xisto Community
.:Brian:.

Moderators.... Does astahost need more?

I'd say games :blink: , prolly ones that you can earn extra points or if you win against a member in a challenge you get awarded say 10 credits ? Say how about changing the forum theme ( i am an eyecandy lover, so its just me ) but its worth a thought.

It's a good idea on implementing games to earn extra points and challenging members, but I personally feel that as a forum, it should stay as a forum. Maybe extend the categories to not so computer & science related. Something like places or something, since everyone from different part of the world. :D

What do you guys think?

I would say the idea of having games is not very good.The problem to me seems that a lot of the posts are going into the support area, and not anywhere else on the site.And in other areas the topics are just repeating themselves over and over again, and new ones are not being generated.I'll take a look at the categories (i don't know if new ones are necessarily needed, but maybe just renaming some....as some of them seem to overlap quite a bit and make it hard to determine where a post should go)

I would contribute more if the games area was more "significant". I'd say the best way is to have a better theme installed for Xisto. The default theme looks bland, and it's not good looking.Also, I think it's better if we had other mods to make this place a little more fun, like the gallery mod or random picks of the day (of topics).Yes, professionalism is obviously important at Xisto, but we need to be a little bit more laid back around here. We're not in those old-fashion office here where it's boring and bland.xboxrulz

One suggestion I have is that the 'voice your review' section should be removed....It seems like time and time again...there are posts about how great Xisto seems to be....and over and over people just reply to them....Seems like getting rid of this area or posting a rule against that would fix this issue.I'll look into some other categories too, and see what else might be able to be done. Honestly though...sometimes I am confused as to where to post a new topic because there are so many categories...in many ways I think we should look at combining them... (it'll also make the forums more active)But yes, a new theme would definitely spruce things up a little for Xisto...Edit: Another thing, a ton of posts are going into the announcements area...and I think that is unnecessary. I think that maybe that area is one of the ones that shouldn't have any credits given....after all it is for announcements...and a billion posts saying "wow this is good" sort of thing (only drawn out longer so that people get more credits) seems to get really annoying.Edit2: Could there be a rule that you can't bring up old topics, unless it is for a valid reason? (Obviously it would have to be described better than that) I mean the number of topics that are brought up that are so old, and they are brought up for pointless reasons...just seems like it is causing issues...some 'new technology' thing that has already been out for a couple years and is old technology now, should in most cases not be brought up. I just think we need to work at enforcing some rules around here to make things a little stricter on what can and can't be posted...

Edited by .:Brian:. (see edit history)