xisto Community
.:Brian:.

Moderators.... Does astahost need more?

Well I have been here at Xisto a while now, and after being a member of the forums, there just seems something about them that doesn't quite make them as enjoyable to be in.To me it seems like the forums contain a lot of posts that are very repetative, even many topics that seem to repeat themselves... To me it seems like maybe there should be some more moderators, and the moderation should be stricter than it is.I just don't find it as fun to participate in a community where a lot of the posts seem to be spamish...Does anybody else feel this way?

Well if the moda pruned more spam topics there wouldnt much left at the moment.I have been around for over a year and I have noticed the forums go downhill since then.At the moment I am even having a hard time staying hosted becuase of the lack of good posts to get involved in, if I make a new post just the same old faces reply or read it.The new members that have come here recently seem to post the bare minimum all the time to jsut about stay in positive for credits.For me all the old faces are gone and there really doesnt seem to much new blood that is interested past getting the required credits to stay hosted.I dont know if its becuase of the summer holidays taking effect but there hasnt been many hosting request these days also.IF you look at turbos hosting script it shows about 35 sites active on here.It used to be hundreds, now were down to about 50 people.Myself I will probably switch my account to paid hosting at Xisto - Web Hosting in the next month orso, I am relying on my website here to bring me work, which it does :blink:) and I should really payback the guys at Xisto and go paid hosting with them.

I have no idea what happened here, but the number of quality posts and visitors definitely seems to have diminished. I don't remember it being like this before in the past around the same time. There were actually interesting topics to participate in. Lately I come in here and have seen some topics that look familiar and don't have much to contribute to it either.If we as Moderators, delete these similar topics, then we might as well deny them hosting because they won't earn the credits and probably will be penalized if we delete their posts.I don't think we need more Moderators for this. Spamming is not high as it's usually reported quickly and a Moderator takes care of it from there. Having a forum with more Moderators doesn't necessarily mean more order...there are forums where the Moderators abuse their power :DMoving to Xisto - Web Hosting is a great idea. I have never really used Xisto for my live work. I use it for production purposes and don't mind paying for better support and up-time. Been using Xisto - Web Hosting for a while now and have no complaints :blink:

My post counts are slipping from my high of 45 days and I spend my time daily on this forum. This is my home for my forum traffic, aside from my own forum of course. Sadly, I don't have money to pay for hosting as I'm just a student who has spare time for an interest in building a website and maintaining it. I'd move to paid hosting if I had a choice.xboxrulz

i can never find much to post in any more.its really hard finding something relavent to what i want to post about these days.

i can never find much to post in any more.
its really hard finding something relavent to what i want to post about these days.

Same here, sometimes I just look through topics and can't find one to post something more than three lines or if I do, I would repeat myself, as if we are out of words.. I also noticed some posts which isn't relevant from new users, some of them are even spammy, but if a moderator would be strict and would delete them, it would be hard to be accepted hosting from Xisto, furthermore, if it is "hard" to post for old users, it is hard to post for newbies too, because of the lack of really good topics.

This is a troubling news... I don't know the remedy for this one. What do you guys suggest Xisto to revamp? Obviously, Xisto needs revamping..but to which direction, more categories?Please suggest how we can improve our forum. Xisto is well known that professional topics are present. However this may have "scared" other potential forum members along the way. Instead of loosening up the forum rule, perhaps we can add more categories? I don't know.

maybe a new coolies designlolmaybe not?umm...this is just something that i want:a directory of web scripts, cms's, forums, poll scripts etc.id like that but other people might not.

The new IP.Board version brings a better (or at least more professional) design, but it is hard to upgrade, since the credits script, as well as many other modifications need to be changed in order to work with the new version.

I personally would like the ability to very easily donate credits.I know you can transfer credits to someone else, but you have to jump through a lot of hoops, and it's not integrated within the forum system.Sometimes I have small graphics design type tasks I need to get done, and I would like to "outsource" this work to other forum members who have more graphics design experience, in exchange for ... oh, I don't know ... 10 or 20 days worth of Xisto credits, as a "thank you" gift.Otherwise it's a great forum.

I would say categories are the way to go, however, I think what would really change if you got rid of most of the no credit/ no post counts on some of the categories.-Life count should definitely be a credit and post count, -combine the Lobby/intro/welcome/Text categories into General/Intro/test category with a credit and post count for general/intro and no post/credit count for the test category-Make website review a post/credit count with strict guidelines on what can be allowed to earn credits-As for Adding new categories maybe take a small Junk of the Real World Forum topics at trap-Then add some of the xisto website related forums as well (wellnesspositive.com)-google forum could be added for the more advance usersI would think most of them will work well for the advance users here on asta and still follow that advance user guidelines.Well school is always a factor on the number of posts that happen on a forum, especially on trap, I biggest surges happen during the summer and during school vacations, after that people come on when they get the chance to make the posts they need to stay active and thats it.If people need credits I can give mine away from my Xisto account since I don't use them and it would be a waste to keep them, just pm me and I let the admin know who to give 15 credits to. Of course this 1 account per donation and you must be hosted.

Edited by saint-michael (see edit history)

I don't know the remedy for this one. What do you guys suggest Xisto to revamp? Obviously, Xisto needs revamping..but to which direction, more categories?
Please suggest how we can improve our forum. Xisto is well known that professional topics are present. However this may have "scared" other potential forum members along the way. Instead of loosening up the forum rule, perhaps we can add more categories? I don't know.

Well, I think it might be better if we had not only less technically-inclined topics but also other topics. There are plenty of other topics worthy of discussion that are not technical, such as the more serious life-related discussions. Constantly posting technical stuff can get really tedious after a certain amount of time.

I understand that Xisto was created on the idea that most topics would be technical, and that Trap was supposed to be the place for non-technical posts, but I believe that Xisto can still remain professional (i.e., with posts that are meaningful and well-expressed) even if it had topics that aren't solely related to the computing industry.

Also, I think Xisto could do without the really repetitive topics such as "What's your favorite browser and why" because there isn't much to say on these topics after a while. I haven't seen any new topics in these categories, but the favorite browser topics seem to come up a lot. Older posters who have already posted in that thread can't really say anything because all that they say will be repetitive. Moreover, newcomers won't be able to say much either because the same thing will happen.

Maybe we should encourage people at Xisto (or maybe the mods and admin could do this) to post at least one news-related topic each day to discuss. I'm sure there's at least some piece of technical gem daily if Xisto doesn't want more life-related topics.

Yeah I feel the same way, I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to, there just doesn't seem to be too much that I can contribute to these days.Though some topics repeating isn't really out of the ordinary, I mean things change everyday, software, technology, politics etc, so I don't find it surprising, in fact I find it surprising they aren't coming up more often.

I'd say games :D , prolly ones that you can earn extra points or if you win against a member in a challenge you get awarded say 10 credits ? Say how about changing the forum theme ( i am an eyecandy lover, so its just me ) but its worth a thought.

I am no more hosted, because of err, no credits :blink: , but then i just went ahead an got myself a hosting and domain from Xisto - Web Hosting and Xisto - Domains ( both under xisto banner ). Dedication means no limit lol. But honestly, something must be done here, beer, food, poker hell even a fightclub if you have to, but get this place goin back again. Its still nice to remember old times 2 years ago when i joined, all those friendly fights and jokes etc. It was fun .. Hope it comes back soon again.

Regards

Dhanesh.

EDIT: Some folks are too busy these days *cough*m^e*cough*

Edited by dhanesh (see edit history)

Yeah I feel that way a bit too, about being busy, busy going no where though lmao.Games are a nice idea, maybe some small flash games (like one of those arcade mods), just uhh only allow some of the smaller ones (to conserve bandwidth), and allow them to always be playable, but have strict ruling concerning any credits gained through it.