xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Steven9088

Avira Antivir Personaledition Classic

Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic is a comprehensive, easy to use antivirus program, designed to offer reliable virus protection to home-users only. Avira offers: 1.Extensive Malware Recognition of viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc. 2.Automatic incremental updates of antivirus signatures, engine and entire software 3.Permanent virus protection, with Virus Guard real time monitoring 4.Install and configuration in just a couple of steps, setup to protect your PC in minutes 5.Virus protection against known and unknown threats, using an advanced heuristic system 6.Scheduler where you can set the scanner to make automatic virus scans or updates on your system 7.Forum and phone support, Knowledge Base with virus descriptions available on web site It constantly and rapidly scans your computer for malicious programs (such as viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, hoaxes, worms, dialers etc.), monitoring every action executed by the user or by the operating system and being able to react promptly when a malicious program is detected. Actions include repair, delete, block, rename and quarantine programs or files. This application also features enhanced protection against unknown boot-sector viruses, issuing alerts for boot sectors suspicious formats. Through the permanent update of the detection engine, the protection is ensured constantly: the user can set the product to download any updates when available, thus keeping you clean and safe. - The Installation Kit comes fully featured.- In order to involve in charitable projects and to benefit of more features like Adware and Spyware detection, Advanced set-up, Antispam, Antiphishing etc you may acquire the appropriate Avira AntiVir Premium Security Suite license for just 39.95 Euro. Five euros of every online sale go to the Auerbach foundation that support various social, scientific, cultural or otherwise charitable projects.

Posted Image

Author: Avira GmbH | License: Freeware

Version: 7 | Size: 9968 KB | Platform: Win98,WinME,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP

Date Released: 12-12-2006

Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Related Programs:

antivirus software, virus, antivirus, trojan horse, virus protection, network security, virus scan, anti virus, phishing, computer security, virus removal

* eScorcher AntiVirus - eScorcher is a free anti virus software for Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT4/XP.

* Dr.Web CureIt! - Fast and compact FREE antivirus scanner to cure your computer from viruses and malware. No adware inside..

* Spy Cleaner - Spy Cleaner identifies and removes these surreptitiously installed applications. Using updateable "reflists," which are sort of like antivirus DA...

* Spy Cleaner Lite - Spy Cleaner identifies and removes these surreptitiously installed applications. Using updateable "reflists," which are sort of like antivirus DA...

* Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic - Reliable antivirus solution, that constantly and rapidly scans your computer for malicious programs (such as viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, hoaxes, worms, dialers etc).

* Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner - Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner detects a multitude of spyware, adware, trojan, keylogger and trackware components; sources of irritation that antivirus software does not deal with.

* AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition - AVG Free Edition is the well-known antivirus protection tool. AVG Free is available free of charge to home users for the life of the product.

The Data Above Was Collect From:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/[dot]dirfile[dot]com/avira_antivir_personaledition_classic.htm

Download Page, Click Here!

This is the one I use with excellent results.It is completely free and the only drawback - if you can call it that - is that it will show you a popup every few days when it connects to retrieve the latest version of the signature file.What I usually do is disable - set to manual startup, that is - both services that come with it, Guard and Scheduler, and initiate the signature update manually every so often, when I feel like it.Then, immediately upon the completion of the signature file update, I do a scan of active processes, just to check for immediate threats.And when I download files of questionable origin, before I open them, I right click on them and select "Scan with Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic".I have noticed that Avira also does malware scans. Although I tend to use AdAware and Spybot SD for malware, it's a reassuring feeling that you get a "third opinion" on those threats.I haven't been able to get the rootkit detection function to work with Avira. So I'm sticking with Mark Russinovich's rootkit revealer for now.By the way, I think this post belongs in a different forum, one that deals specifically with AntiVirus and AntiMalware software.

Edited by dserban (see edit history)