xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Steven9088

Putty: A Free Telnet/ssh Client

PuTTY Is A Great Tool To Use With Xisto! For Example You Can Connect By SSH To It, If You Have It Enabled It's A Easy Tool To Use!
PuTTY is a free implementation of Telnet and SSH for Win32 and Unix platforms, along with an xterm terminal emulator. It is written and maintained primarily by Simon Tatham.

The latest version is beta 0.60.

LEGAL WARNING: Use of PuTTY, PSCP, PSFTP and Plink is illegal in countries where encryption is outlawed. I believe it is legal to use PuTTY, PSCP, PSFTP and Plink in England and Wales and in many other countries, but I am not a lawyer and so if in doubt you should seek legal advice before downloading it. You may find this site useful (it's a survey of cryptography laws in many countries) but I can't vouch for its correctness.

Use of the Telnet-only binary (PuTTYtel) is unrestricted by any cryptography laws.

Here are the PuTTY files themselves:

* PuTTY (the Telnet and SSH client itself)
* PSCP (an SCP client, i.e. command-line secure file copy)
* PSFTP (an SFTP client, i.e. general file transfer sessions much like FTP)
* PuTTYtel (a Telnet-only client)
* Plink (a command-line interface to the PuTTY back ends)
* Pageant (an SSH authentication agent for PuTTY, PSCP and Plink)
* PuTTYgen (an RSA and DSA key generation utility).

LEGAL WARNING: Use of PuTTY, PSCP, PSFTP and Plink is illegal in countries where encryption is outlawed. I believe it is legal to use PuTTY, PSCP, PSFTP and Plink in England and Wales and in many other countries, but I am not a lawyer and so if in doubt you should seek legal advice before downloading it. You may find this site useful (it's a survey of cryptography laws in many countries) but I can't vouch for its correctness.

Use of the Telnet-only binary (PuTTYtel) is unrestricted by any cryptography laws.

The files we offer below are cryptographically signed. We also supply cryptographically signed lists of MD5 checksums. To download our public keys and find out more about our signature policy, visit the Keys page. If you need a Windows program to compute MD5 checksums, you could try the one at this site. (This MD5 program is also cryptographically signed by its author.)
Binaries

The latest release version (0.60). This will generally be a version I think is reasonably likely to work well. If you have a problem with the release version, it might be worth trying out the latest development snapshot (below) to see if I've already fixed the bug, before reporting it to me.

Access via Subversion

If you want to keep track of the PuTTY development right up to the minute, or view the change logs for each of the files in the source base, you can access the PuTTY master Subversion repository directly.

The Subversion URL you need for the PuTTY trunk development is svn://ixion.tartarus.org/main/putty. So you could check out the trunk version of PuTTY using a command such as svn co svn://ixion.tartarus.org/main/putty.

To check out branches of the code, replace putty with the branch name (such as putty-branch-0.56). You can see what branches exist using the command svn ls svn://ixion.tartarus.org/main.

To Go To The Download Page Of PuTTY Click Here!
Edited by Steven9088 (see edit history)