xisto Community
Cyril

Asta Host

astahost is a nice hosting site.owned by what seems and probably is a professional company.im happy with my hosting and quite glad i stumbled accross it when i was searching for free hosting with cpanel and no ads. when u think of it like that, it seems like youd only find something that costs!

Wow Lots Of People Love To Spam! Rules People! Posts Must Be Atleast 25 Words Or More! Otherwise It Is Considered As Spam! And When You Apply For WebHosting, The Administrators Won't Let You In As Soon As They See That You've Spammed! Try To Make More Longer Posts! *cough* moshakes and Cyril *cough* :blink: Hope You Have Seen This Post! :D

Understand, that yes these forums can help and be entertaining, but this is how we are funded... Putting a little more thought into posts will not only help earn the extra credits or hosting days, it will help build your abilities... Adding here and there will help increase post lengths, and it never hurts to maybe add some opinion to your post.If you can answer a question in a post is good... then add your opinion about what you think... maybe even some experience... If you really sit and think about it, any reply post can have length... so maybe the posts that are more appealing will have more of a reply than maybe somethings lacking interest, experience, or knowledge. And you never know, you may just learn how to better your thoughts when they are typed out and sent on in forums... You will learn more from others and more about yourself...Wow, my kid is watching PBS, but I am beginning to sound like it!Bye, all and keep up with those posts!- bob -

Astahost provides a great service at a very good price (free). The only thing about it is that you have to keep on top of your posts. It's easy to forget that you're 'paying' for this free service by making valuable or meaningful contributions on the forums. But I suppose that most people who want free hosting don't really count on making money from their websites, or their sites are for experimental or educational/hobby purposes only. I have found that alot of questions that you have can be answered by searching the forums. The first few days after I became hosted, I didn't understand a bunch of stuff, but the little search feature on the top makes it easy to get solutions without making a new topic. One thing about these forums is that it seems like a lot of people spam (see above) to raise their hosting credits. Xisto tries to limit these spammers by denying them accounts and also moderating what gets posted. Also, if you don't post alot, then your credits aren't going to get up by much. Overall, it's a great service, easy to use, and the rules are pretty straightforward.

Agreed about both QOS at Xisto (wouldn't go anywhere else) and the problem with mini-post spam. However, I saw this one feature on another forum, there was a "thank" button, where you could just click it if you really appreciated the person's post. then on the left side under the avatar, there was another line that said how many times the user had been thanked. Sometimes i do minipost just to thank the person who helped me, but if there was such a system in place it could remove a bit of this stuff. Then again, it could also be opening the door for current spammers to multi-click everything, and then we might be back to square one.