xisto Community
Ronel

My Summary Of Vista Bugs User summary

Wow :blink:

I can't believe that Microsoft Vista, even at it's release, has many bugs. Even though the features-- nice start logo, great sidebar, cool effects, nice IE 7, awesome Windows Media Player, improved Policies, a start search, indexing,(do you want me to name them all) ReadyBoost, new & improved bootscreen, Microsoft Aero(I think Windows Aero), and many more--are very great, I recently faced many bugs:(Note that these bugs are in Windows Vista)

Some programs I can't access from the Start Menu(favorite programs) & Quick Lauch. Some of these programs are MS Word, SmartFTP Client, and more.

IE displays a problem when I close it, even though there seems no problem at all!(look at my other topic)

The administrator does not appear at all in Safe Mode! I don't know about your opinions but since it says in the Local Security Policy that regardless of a setting in here, the administrator should be in Safe Mode, but it's not!

I don't think this is a bug though, but some programs have compatibility issues, including Nero(I hope the company now has the Vista version of this) that compatibility settings wouldn't help at all!

Some installations says that they have problems in installing even though there seems no problem at all.

I think that is it!(Be sure to tell me other bugs)

Oh, I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate.(cool!!!)

Now I not Windows Seven, also known as Vienna, is coming. (I really hope it's on next year) I soon hope that these bugs will be repaired in this version.

Edited by vizskywalker (see edit history)

It looks like Vista users that have noticed a slowdown in network traffic while they were playing music weren't imagining things, as Windows expert Mark Russinovich has reportedly confirmed that such a bug does indeed exist.

Article: "Vista bug puts a snag in network traffic when music is playing"

https://www.engadget.com/

i was expecting the list to be hugelol, i always hear about heaps of problems and issues and security problems in vista.

I've got another bug to add to the list. A friend of mine bought a Compaq Laptop, brand new, Vista Business edition. Laptop worked fine for a week. Rarely online, only checking email. used MS Office 2007, but that's about it. All of a sudden, the laptop takes forever to boot. And tasks and programs are insanely slow. It's a 2.0Ghz Core2duo, 2 GB ram, but opening windows explorer takes at least 10 seconds. Processor usage is minimal, free ram in abundance, no other programs installed, spyware/adware/malware checks come up clean, hard disk defragmented. But still nothing. I can't figure out how it would just keel over and go belly up like that, on a brand new install.

Did anyone see the news on engadget over the weekend that a bunch of Swedes can't get online with Vista? Apparently, the Swedish ISP's infrastructure is running on Linux and some protocol-incompliant piece of Vista's network stack can't seem to talk to it properly.

Yeah i think there are way too many bugs in it, i know a friend that has vista and it is pretty buggy. It looks nice but the functionality lets it down.As i've said plenty of times before my intentions of upgrading to vista is that i won't do it until they squish most of the bugs out of it. At least when they fix the compatibility and 3d rendering performance issues.-HellFire

Article "Five Things Microsoft Should Fix In Windows Vista Service Pack 1"

http://www.informationweek.com/archives.asp?newsandcommentary=yes

Many of the things he listed are not actually Microsoft's problem.
Most people don't want gizmos and gimmicks. They just want their mice to work when their PCs awake from sleep mode. Fix that and they'll be happy enough with Vista.

I did expect Vista to be bulky, but certainly not this buggy. I am amazed that a corporation as big as Microsoft comes up with a product like that. Does that indicate the faults at various levels in the process of making such a huge Operating System or is it just that Microsoft intentionally lets some bugs slip through; so that people don't forget who made the OS and download the huge Service Packs.Well, atleast they distribute them for free, so I guess their system is at fault. The bigger the software, the more will be its complexity and greater the number of bugs. Keeping that in mind, one should not be amazed about these problems coming up with Vista. But surely, there can be better ways to develop software. Perhaps Open source is the way to go, after all.

my bug list so far:1. sometimes, an explorer.exe process doesn't close when it's supposed to. It keeps running in the background and might cause some strange behaviour2. desktop doesn't refresh automaticly anymore, restart required ...3. Vista create thumbnails twice, first in low quality and then in high quality. Sometimes, after creating the lowq thumbnails, it replaces the lowq thumbnails by the default extention image insead of rendering the highq thumbnail.4. some random BSODs5. Vista changes folder views all the time without a reason, it has happend more than once that closing a folder and opening it again results in a different view. Vista also sometimes enables the grouping option, again without a reason.6. Happend a lot: when I open a folder, it briefly shows the content of another folder and then loads the real content of that folderI've already had more bugs than this list, but I can't remember them all :blink: . Despite these bugs, I'm still quite happy with Vista :D