xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Steven9088

Invision Power Board Vs Vbulletin Board Vote And Explain Why Its Better

Invision Power Board VS vBulletin Board  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I Bet Alot Of People Here Have Used Invision Power Board and vBulletin!

Well What Do You Guys Think Is Better? Invision Power Board or vBulletin?

Place A Vote And Explain Why You've Voted For That.

My Vote Is Invision Power Board because You Can Use Simple Codes Such As:

BOLD:

[b]TEXT HERE[/b]
TEXT HERE

UNDER LINE:

[u]TEXT HERE[/u]
TEXT HERE

ITALICS:

[i]TEXT HERE[/i]
TEXT HERE

CODE BOX:

Posted Image

TEXT HERE

QUOTE:

[quote]TEXT HERE[/quote]

TEXT HERE

QUOTE PERSON:

[quote=Persons Name]TEXT HERE[/quote]

TEXT HERE

Indent:

[indent]TEXT HERE[/indent]

TEXT HERE

Align Left:

[left]TEXT HERE[/left]

TEXT HERE

Center Text:

[center]TEXT HERE[/center]

TEXT HERE

Align Right:

[right]TEXT HERE[/right]

TEXT HERE

There Are Many Other Things Out For Invision Power Board! Such As A Hide Hack Which Hides The Text And Requires A Person To Reply To See The Hidden Text.

Well Go Ahead An VOTE! :blink:

Edited by yordan (see edit history)

i voted invision power boardalthough, none of that stuff is special to invision power board. you can do most of it on anything else.i actually prefer phpbb3 over anything, even the commerical ones like invision power board and vbulletin

All that bbcode is pretty much relative to any forum software, they usually work on all of them.I pick invision because i've been using their forums for quite a while and the layout and the general way things work seem much better than vbulletin. I also find that invision power serivces update their products more frequently meaning more features, more bug fixes, more stability and security. Easy modification and a vast selection of skins and mods, even the little stuff like the pips are fully customisable.All these little features add up, also another thing worth mentioning is that i absoultely dislike vbulletins administration system. Don't know if it's changed by now but the 2 frames doesn't really work too well. If you compare it with invision - it just doesn't match up.You also know you are getting the best products for your money, they care about their customers and that's how it should be.-HellFire

I prefer vBulletin, although my opinion is a bit biased since the first bigger forum I get to administer used VB.It has loads of mods available, loads of themes, a nice online community, it's easy to develop your own mods for it and I think it's easy to administer. For some reason I never liked the acp of IPB.

i did vote for invision power board but now if i could change my vote id choose vbulletin. i much rather vbulletin now. im buying a vbulletin license at the end of next year or the start of next year.i really hate the new invision power board theme, the black one. the default vbulletin theme is probably worse but it looks heaps easier to make a theme for vbulletin. before i buy a vbulletin im gonna make a theme and make a demo account. i dont really want to buy one without being able to make like the 20 themes i have in mind, lol.

I voted for neither.I am absolutely hooked on myBB since I joined another community recently that uses it.I just cannot get enough of looking at it, and how it works lol.I mean it's nothing amazing but I just love it.Wow 4 I's lol.

IPB VS. VBInvision Power Board Vs Vbulletin Board

Personally, I relatively like Invision Power Board, better than V-Bulletin.

I like Invision Power Board better, as on the V-bulletin support forums, the creators of V-bulletin do not usually or never provide full support for coding,graphics, and more. It seems as if they would like for you to do this yourself. However, there are those few people who will help you.

V-Bulletin, seems to only want the money, and actually do not seem to care about their customers. Invsion Power Board, does however seem to want to help their customers, and don't seem to code and all just for the money. 

I think the people who created V-Bulletin are greedy. However V-Bulletin does look more professional than Invision Power Board does, and it's layout is very nice. It can be very easy to post things, and all upload new media to the gallery or PhotoPost. 

Also, the V-Bulletin Admin Panel, can be quite confusing at times, but is generally easy to use.

With Invision Power Board, skins are of ease to upload, and with V-Bulletin, they're not.

Invision Power Board, also offers more hosting support that V-Bulletin.

Also, if you have V-Bulletin, and would like to convert to Invision Power Board, they will let you do that for a minnimum price of 50$ VBulletin, if you have Invision Power Board, would like for you to pay a full price of 180$. Who has that in this time and state of ecomomy?

All and all, I would purchase Invision Power Board

-reply by SdJaCK&SaLLy

Invision Power Board definitely. A friendly community, more responsive developer community, tons of great graphics designers and modification developers, and more! Before my excuse for buying vBulletin over Invision Power Board was because it was cheaper, but now vBulletin is more expensive so it's better to just buy Invision Power Board. You get more. You have awesome support. It's cheaper!

Demo : free forums