xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unimatrix

Menu Bar In Task Monitor Missing

This happened last night when I hit ALT+CNTL+DEL to quit a process. Now the Task manager is missing the minimize, close bar and the ability to choose Application/Process/etc.. And this is after a couple restarts and everything. Now if I have to force quit an application, the task bar is always on top, does not show up in the sistray and requires a restart to get rid of. This is with XP Professional with SP2 installed.Any ideas?This is why I hate windows, but we are moving a website for a client and they use Frontpage to manage their site so I can't use my regular Mac.......and people wonder why I avoided Windows...

You have the thing hiding its window management components. Just double click some of the space that's not a widget on the task manager window and it will go back to normal.Pretty stupid toggle to wire up to a double click if you ask me, but this is why I run linux :blink:

Edited by ethergeek (see edit history)

Thanks, yeah, I hate XP Pro, but we have a project that the designer used 3D studio Max and damn near refuses to export the model to a useful format so we can import into Lightwave. (OSX shop) So I've been playing with XP pro the past week and not having fun.

what probably happened is that one or more of the programs your running uses the .dll file tat the task bar uses thus closing THAT program down probably shutted down the .dll file its happened to me :blink::D:o GO MACS!!

what probably happened is that one or more of the programs your running uses the .dll file tat the task bar uses thus closing THAT program down probably shutted down the .dll file its happened to me :blink::D:o GO MACS!!

That was entirely non-sensical. Windows uses dynamic mapping to resolve library dependencies and only clears open dll's from memory when they are no longer in use by any application.