xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
William Wood

Learn Html

Okay, because this is a forum, I'll tell you a little bit of HTML briefly. The rest you can go to http://www.w3schools.com/html/ to learn yourself.

Look at this little example below.

-----------------------------------------

<html>

<title> Hello World </title>

<body> Hello world </body>

</html>

-----------------------------------------

Where it says <html> it is telling the browser to start viewing that part of the page. Where it says </html> it tells the browser that it is the end of the document. The </html> indicates the break.

It is the same with the title. Where it says <title> and the </title>. It tells the web title to start and stop.

I will not go into specifics, but you can visit http://www.w3schools.com/html/ to learn more, if you are interested.

The reason for the <title> tag being inside the <head> tag is because the things inside the <head> tag are downloaded first, or something like that.

Actually, the reason for the <title> element to be a child of the <head> element is because the page title is part of the page's metadata, not direct page data. In other words, it is information that the browser (or "user-agent") uses. Although we see <title> data as the title of the window bar, it is considered to be information for the browser only.

sorry, but i don't see the point of this topic.There are enougth tutorials in the how to section imo and this one is not even a proper one.You should use a doctype, those are better for SEO

I think today, this type of coding is a kind of given! everyone knows it and its old (in some respects :blink:) Today, I would be looking to learn some of the more 'recent' languages instead of html

I think today, this type of coding is a kind of given! everyone knows it and its old (in some respects :blink:) Today, I would be looking to learn some of the more 'recent' languages instead of html

Maybe you are right. How about ruby on rails. I did a search on this forum and can't find a full related tutorial to this topics Anyone found it somewhere in this forum or have other links? I will predict that this will be the next web base language in the web apart from php (correct my if i'm wrong). Just a thoughts. :D

P.S. would be appreciated if someone enlighten me on this..

EDITED: Found Ruby misc tutorial. But not full
Edited by kelvinmaki (see edit history)