xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
animation_nation

Graphics Card?

I have a vide game and i need to get a better graphics card but i need to know what kind i currently have.I was just wondering if someone could like tell me where i can look or where it would be located like if i took my computer aprt and looked for it in there.A picture found on google images or anything would be good.Thanks.....please reply :blink:

right click on my computer > then properties > then click on device manager > then select display adapter and it will list your graphics card. However, depending how how your computer is built the graphics card could be built in and in that case you can pick up a compatible graphics card and then turn off the onboard card through the BIOS.

First of all see if your graphics card port is up on the side of the back of the computer case (if you've got a computer shaped like 95% of us). If it's up there, it's built in. If it's down by the pci slots, then you have a standalone card. Whether it's PCI --god forbid--, AGP, or PCI-E is something that you have to find from the system properties. You can also get details about the graphics card by right-clicking on the desktop >display properties >settings >advanced >adapter and it'll give you all the info you need.

See example: Posted Image