xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
petfood

Firefox On Apple Computers

The latest Firefox browser, Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6, has lots of problems. I find that it does not work well with .asp pages, crashes often when browsing .jsp pages and when it crashes it deletes your page history. These are just a few of my huge list of problems. I would use Safari, but it is not very secure.What is a Mac boy to do?

There's also Camino web browser. It works pretty well. Maybe you can just get the updates for firefox and use firefox when it becomes more stable. I think that Safari is okay too. There's always the option of installing M$ Internet Explorer on your mac, but I wouldn't want to recommend that.

I would try Camino first. Camino is basically Firefox built to OSX GUI specs. Safari also works on most pages these days and if all else fails, try Opera. Opera may be the best of the lot, just remember to tell it that it's not your bit torrent client...