xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ArchaicAngel

Secretbox Look inside and find...

Hey all, Just thought I would put my new layout up for review. At this moment, there is no content to my site. I wanted to get some feedback on the layout before I started puting up content on my pages. By the way, the little catch phrase for my site "Look inside and find..." is supposed to be a fun add-lib sort of thing.. Put a word at the end of the sentence describing my site as it stand now... The link to my site is in my sig, that way I wont have to try and update you guys on the link...

Try checking your site with a 800/600 resolution and you'll see there are some problems.. horizontal scrollbar, and banner (where it says Secret Box, look inside and find..) is cut by half, or less.I don't like how it looks with the top margin=0, try giving a few more space.I like the colors you used, but I think a little bit more of color would also help your site get a cooler look. A background color other then white could be the solution for this.Its simple, yet it looks nice. nice job, I like it :)

Try checking your site with a 800/600 resolution and you'll see there are some problems.. horizontal scrollbar, and banner (where it says Secret Box, look inside and find..) is cut by half, or less.

I don't like how it looks with the top margin=0, try giving a few more space.

I like the colors you used, but I think a little bit more of color would also help your site get a cooler look.  A background color other then white could be the solution for this.

Its simple, yet it looks nice. nice job, I like it :)

65699[/snapback]

My design was not ment for an 800x600 screen resolution. None of my designs will be made for such a small space. When I create the entrance page, this will be stated and hopefully understood. I do not design for sites below 1024x768 true color. I can't stand how large it makes everything look and it bugs my eyes, so I don't bother with it, even though a lot of people still use that resolution.

Those wanting their system in an 800x600 res will just have to deal with the disadvantages that come with it. Anyone with a higher setting than this will see my site correctly and shouldn't run into any visability problems.

hey! =) what is the space on top for? anyways, youre colors are simple, and clean. i think its nice to have a website which is clean and simple. for the resolution, i think its ok, and you can say it's best viewed on a greater pixel solutions e.g. best viewed on 1024X864 px! =) over all, its nice, goodluck to your site and inform us if it has contents already.!!!

My design was not ment for an 800x600 screen resolution. None of my designs will be made for such a small space. When I create the entrance page, this will be stated and hopefully understood. I do not design for sites below 1024x768 true color. I can't stand how large it makes everything look and it bugs my eyes, so I don't bother with it, even though a lot of people still use that resolution.

Those wanting their system in an 800x600 res will just have to deal with the disadvantages that come with it. Anyone with a higher setting than this will see my site correctly and shouldn't run into any visability problems.

65701[/snapback]

http://www.w3.org/

Hey. Like the layout. Didnt see the old one but im sure this one is better. Very simple but also very effective

Yeap, I agree this is nice and simple website. Erm, 800*600 resolution problem is due to use of image width of 793px instead of 775px that would be horizontal-scrollbar-free. I like colors tho and keep the good work up.Best regards, Robert

What, precisely, is the link for? I know of the world wide consortium. Is there a reason you felt I needed reminding?

65733[/snapback]

Yeah, the reason was the 800/600 resolution issue. But I guess if that isn't a big issue for you, then its no biggie.

Yes, the margin at the top of the page was intended to be there. I don't particularly care when the edges of my designs are at the exact top of the page. I like a little space between my graphics and the actual chrome of the browser. As for the 800x600 res problem. I had already mentioned that this design was not intended to be viewed in such a small resolution. I design for the higher resolutions, simply because I refuse to work in an 800x600 resolution. But, for those that still use this resolution, I may, mind you that's a big may, decide to reformat my site so that the 800x600 screen res. can view the site properly...

Well, I've updated my website just a bit. There is still not much in the way of content at the moment, which I explain in the news article on the front page. But I have added an 'About' and 'Contact' page so that my visitors will learn more about what my website is all about and if they have comments, suggestions, and/or questions pertaining to my site or myself they have a why to get a hold of me. Let me know what you all think of the navigation.. Took me a while to decide how I wanted to do it.

Nice. I see that people are making many good webpages thesedays here on Xisto. ArchaicAngel keep up with work on that page, add some content and notify us here on forums, so we can see how it's going on...

Yet another update I thought you all would be interested in knowing about. I've recently added a new section to my site called "Resources." Within that section there are subsections directing and informing others of resource sites for various webdesigner tools and scripts and also were I will be posting future tutorials and tips & tricks for some simple website tricks. I've also stated that this section requires visitor support for the simple fact that others may or may not know some sites available on the web that would be a good source of information for new webmasters/mistresses or even experienced ones who are looking for a good site to use as references. Hope you all stop by, take a look and let me know how it's starting out. Input is, as I mentioned above, very important to this section of my site and all of your input is more than welcome.