xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonelym

Quite A Few Questions... C language

I've been meaning to learn to write C this week, and I am wondering what site could help me. I have a compiler (DJGPP) and I think it works since my older brother has compiled his C files with it before.Is it better to learn C++ first rather than learn C?Is there a certain sub-forum for C / C++ language here?What site would you suggest that I learn from?

If you decide to go with C++ I strongly recommend you check out Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in C++" freebie. His talent for explaining things will make you addicted to reading chapter after chapter while holding your breath.
Google for "Thinking in C++" or go to:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

P.S. The forum you seem to be looking for is:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/163-forum/

Edited by dserban (see edit history)

I moved your topic to the proper forum, in case you are wondering :blink:Also, if you have object oriented programming experience I'd say learn C. If not, learn C++. This way you get the widest variety of programming experience while still learning many of the same skills. C and C++ are very similar obviously since C++ is built off C so it could also be easier to learn C first then just add in the C++ skills since all the C things will still work in C, but not vice versa.Really either is a good language to know as they both are used in different ways, so either choice is a fine one.

i would just learn c++ first, it does what C does and more.i use dev c++ to compile things, although theres no visual editor. i have another visual c++ editor though, i rarely use either of them.ive gone off programming pretty much and moved on to web development, no need really to no c++ for web development.x/html, php, css, javascript and ajax stuff like that is all i want/need to no.