xisto Community
Sten

Pc-cillin Warnings And My Downloads

any of you with pc cillin 2007 would sure be sick of them orange boxes by nowanyway, i just downloaded a program and i got a heap of them lil orange boxes.i was wondering if i should take notice and press the deny button once in a while?the program i just installed wanted to do something with the system32 folder for uninstall something or rather.i pressed deny on that cos it didnt look too good. is it safe to let things mess around with that stuff? cos it says its a suspicious program and all too.

I guess it all boils down to trust.If you are picky about the software you install, then it's OK to go out on a limb and allow it to write to your registry or to your system32 directory. Some pieces of software have a legitimate requirement to do that, for example if they are going to install a driver to go with the application.I know people who promiscuously (for lack of a better word) install any and all software they come across that says in bright flashing colors "Download and install for free".Based on your statement a while ago where you said that the little purple juggling thing (Bonzi Buddy) looks awesome and you want to get it for your PC, I'm guessing you would fall under the above described category.So my advice is to heed the warnings.

dserban is right. In actual fact, we all need to learn to know what we're installing to our pc. If we need to try some new software from unknown source, we can try on a less important pc, or search the net to see if there's any similar treat, or run it in virtual machine. There's no free lunch in this world.