xisto Community
lonelym

Too Many Connections? mysql_connect()

I uploaded my PHP game yesterday, and most of my friends tried it out. After a while, I tried to play as well but it said that mysql_connect() had too many connections already. Can anyone tell me how to increase the amount of connections or maybe the total amount of connections allowed?

I uploaded my PHP game yesterday, and most of my friends tried it out. After a while, I tried to play as well but it said that mysql_connect() had too many connections already. Can anyone tell me how to increase the amount of connections or maybe the total amount of connections allowed?

You need to change the mysql.max_links directive and set it to -1, you can set this directive in your php.ini configuration file or in your apache's httpd.conf file.
Also, check out the MySql max_connections system variable, this variable controls the number of connections allowed that by default is 100. so if you need more connections, you should restart mysqld with a larger value for this variable.

If you are using MySql 5 take a look to B.1.2.6. Too many connections.

Best regards,

It depends. I've seen some hosts that will allow their users to edit this setting. I would contact the webhost to see what can be done. If anything, they will/can increase it for you.