xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dserban

A Screenshot Of The Most Spyware Infected Pc In The World

The title says it all.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

I don't think this is some person's actual PC.
I think it's just a test PC used by an anti-spyware software company to test how toxic this spyware soup would be.
Like to test whether various types of spyware would "jump at each other's throats" so to speak.

Although to be fair I did spot the VMWare systray icon right next to the clock, so that says something.

I love how there's an AIM window right in the foreground, either implying that it dropped that spyware payload on that machine, or that it itself is spyware...either way, funny as hell.

I agree, I also don't think this is some person's PC, is incredible the huge quantity of spyware out there.Best regards,

As is the consensus I assume this isn't someone's everyday PC. Also, based on the title of the article frankly I expected way worse haha. I've seen computers about 50%+ this bad just in my year on a tech support type help desk. If a computer ran a couple years on the worst sites, installed tons of ad-supported software, etc, it'd easily outdo that computer within a year probably, assuming it survived a year. Remember, there is nothing that spyware cant do :P :P

omg lolim glad thats not mine, although it doesnt look too terrible, it finished loading, it does look pretty badbut surely someone else could get more than that, lol, i might try someday (my dad would be flaming though)spyware isnt such a threat as it is annoying though, i have never actually got any spyware cos im all rugged up (protected) lmaoalthough where can i get the little purple juggling thing from? lol it looks cool!

Edited by Sten (see edit history)

although where can i get the little purple juggling thing from? lol it looks cool!

Bonzi Buddy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonzi_Buddy

One of the worst pieces of spyware.

"Spyware isn't such a threat?" I beg to disagree. It can be a threat to your social life if you have a lot of contacts in your Yahoo messenger list and there a piece of spyware running on your PC without your knowledge bulk-sending an instant message like "hey sexy" (or even nastier) to all your contacts without your approval, of course.

Holy crap bonzi buddy haha, forgot about that little *expletive*. There was some other one too that got installed with SO much software back in the day but I forget what now, I think it was something to store your passwords and unames for you? (ironic haha).As far as the threat to your social life, my friends already do that whenever they come over so really I wouldn't consider that a threat as it hasn't bothered my life much yet haha.I have seen computers taken down completely by spyware though, as in unable to boot excluding in safe mode. While usually recoverable it is still capable of impacting your day and if the system was required for something integral to, for example, a business it could be a critical event (although I doubt a business rig would be downed by spyware).

Holy crap bonzi buddy haha, forgot about that little *expletive*. There was some other one too that got installed with SO much software back in the day but I forget what now, I think it was something to store your passwords and unames for you? (ironic haha).
As far as the threat to your social life, my friends already do that whenever they come over so really I wouldn't consider that a threat as it hasn't bothered my life much yet haha.

I have seen computers taken down completely by spyware though, as in unable to boot excluding in safe mode. While usually recoverable it is still capable of impacting your day and if the system was required for something integral to, for example, a business it could be a critical event (although I doubt a business rig would be downed by spyware).

I worked as IT support for a department of about 100 users back when I was in college...no machine is immune to spyware when you have a stupid user at the keyboard. I'd have users who, because of their tenure, demanded their administrative rights and got their machines so bogged down by spyware, and didn't get any work done...then would whine at me as if their idiocy was my problem. It was a crisis when someone couldn't get their work done because of it...it even got my *bottom* strapped to a beeper for most of my time there.

Man that is just horrible. There is more spyware on that page that the browser can even display. It is overwhelming to see what that computer is going through. I have a feeling that computer is for testing spyware. No way in the right mind someone would use that spyware infected computer on a daily basis. That is more over impossible to use with that amount of spyware. I definitely would reformat the computer with the qucikness if a hint of spyware was on my computer. With all the viruses and stolen accounts, identity frauds that are happening these days I find it that computers are very senstive prone to those events where it would cause curruption in ones life if any information was transmitted on the net to a hacker or a hacker community.

When I was reading the topic, I thought the screenshot would have been worse, but having so much in your browser, you don't really have capability to browse the web, quite funny, someone doesn't know what to do and how to spend his time or maybe he does? and did this stuff..

:P crap its spyware, the pic on that wikipedia page makes it look even betterlmao i wish there was a spware free one i would so have it by now!it mentions about trend micro, i guess my computer wouldnt even let me download it, lol, i have trend micro pc cillin internet security. lol he looks so innocent! :P although lol@the company! haha $75,000

TERRIBLE...And of course, that machine runs Windows (XP: eXtreme Pain).INTERESTINGI noticed that the image have 800x600px, is a visual trick to increase the awesome effect!!!JOKINGI really doubt that Bill Gates uses any Microsoft product. Like a doctor said: "I will never permit any doctor to touch me, they are killers!!, I'm a doctor". Is hard to live in the hell and be the evil: only he knows why!!!Blessings!!

Damn that is alot of spyware! Seriously though it looks like that pc has been used for testing only in an extreme controlled environment. Glad mine doesn't look like that hehe. You can just imagine all the lag and memory loss errors that that machine will have, imagine the startup of internet explorer, hell even the startup of the whole machine.If anyone's computer does look like this, it gives them a good indication of how badly their computer is comprimised. Data and private and personal information can be stolen by the second - even to the point they are basically 'stealing' your internet connection.Just some tips if a rare user comes across their desktop being somewhat similar to this - If there is simply too much simply put you're going to have to reformat. It should and will solve everything except data loss.Secondly if the spyware you have is managable, i recommend (even if you don't have spyware, it is good protection) antispyware applications such as adaware. Some antivirus suites include this protection by default but it's best to check.Lastly if you know you are infected limit your internet usage for personal and private things like banking and shopping online etcHope it helps anyone that needs it -HellFire