xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cumar11

Domain Does Not Work With "www'

when I type my domain name into address bar http://www.mysite.co.uk/ it does NOT workand when I type mysite.co.uk without WWW it WORKSand My index file is Index.phphow to make that apache think my index file index.php instead of index.htmlcuz other wise apache will use the index.htmlor is there a way I can make index.html file start the index.php filesorry about the english, not my native language.

Ahh, yes, try changing your "Index.php" into "index.php". In other words, make the "I" in your "Index" lowercase. I think that should make a difference. Otherwise, delete your "index.html". :)

Hi cumar11,I had a similar problem w/ my site. I'm almost certain that snlildude87 is correct, as I solved my problem by changing the syntax on one of the files/ subfolders. Servers are particularly picky re: syntax :) :) because most of them run UNIX/Linux ...etc. Post back & let us all know how the problem resolved.. so others can benefit.RGPHNX

guys you were right I deleted the index.html and and apache used my index.phpthank guys, before you told me about this , I used index.html file to redirct the user into index.php. I don't need to do that again.My second prolem was my domain does NOT work when you type the https://www.salesforce.com/products/platform/overview/ but when I type site.com Without the "WWW" it workshow to solve this , otherwise my users will get a error if they use the "WWW"

i have the same problem if i go to my site with the www. bit it doesn't work and i get the Welcome to your hosting account page but take away the www. and i get my site, its not really a problem but it is annoying

This might be a problem in the Apache configuration files. You could try solving your problem by creating a .htaccess file with a DirectoryIndex directive to your index.php file. To do this, just open notepad and paste the following code:

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
This line will make your index.php file the default index file, and if there is no index.php file Apache will look for an index.html file. You can add more filenames if you want to.

If this doesn't work, try to create a new subdomain called www and point it to your /www or /public_html folder.

Note: save the file in notepad as ".htaccess" and make sure that it has no .txt file extension since the .htaccess file wouldn't be read then. Just upload the file to your /public_html or /www directory.

Note: save the file in notepad as ".htaccess" and make sure that it has no .txt file extension since the .htaccess file wouldn't be read then. Just upload the file to your /public_html or /www directory.

65939[/snapback]

thanks

dude, I have solved the index file proplem , I just deleted the index.html and made the index.php lowercase.

but proplem with 'WWW" is still on. I site does still not work when I type the http://www.mysite.com/

and if I try to create a subdomain , cpanel will give an error that it is not allowed to create "www" subdomain

I can create any other subdomain I want.

I have "home" subdomain.

It's something with the DNS configuration that is creating this problem, which domain registrar are you using? Certain domain registrars have difficulites fully transferring the DNS records, making the "www" unuseable.