xisto Community
PhilosophiX

Must Have Gadgets That Don't Exist Yet what are your favorite speculations from fiction

From science fiction, to science fact... what are your favorite speculations from fiction. And why? I see many threads started "what's your must have gadget" - well this is similar - what's your must have gadget that doesn't exist yet?

I would like to have a stress detector interacting with me. It should be able to tell me "keep cool, Man ! Your stress threreshold has been exhausted. You should not answer this question, just smile and make a joke in order to release the pressure. Else you will start being angry, and all your shakras will get closed".This would be nice. You could keep working without being exposed to the danger coming with too much stress, and ou would take benefits of the experience of skilled people in such situations, where a small behaviour change could completely remove the danger brought by some situations, at office ot at home.Yes, this would be nice. Prevention instead of curation, avoiding danger by simple surfing around the pontentially dangerous situations.

Well. personally I would want to have something like a teleportation device, due to it takes a lot of time if you ever count how much you travel from destination A to B, with a car it can get very slow on traffic jams, a bus, trolleybus and trams sometimes is even much faster, but it isn't as comfortable, rather use a bike :D Anyway, I would really want to have a teleportation device, you need to go to the shop, just teleport yourself, to the university, just push the button and everywhere you want, to job, to see your friends, currently this seems really impossible, but theoretically it is possible.. Eventually, if speaking about current technology, I would like a little helicopter :blink: to fly everywhere around in the city and even outside it :o

what would be totaly awsome is sunglasses that are a sell phone type thing where you can see the person that you are talking to. wouldn't that be so awesome. and also another good invention would have to be the a cell phone that changes colors. so if your wearing a sertain outfit that was only one color like white, but your cell phone was black or something (bam) you push a button and you phone changes colors to white to mach your outfit. I would spend a lot of mney on that cell phone because I'm always running into that problem. seriously. if someone makes stat i will by it. wouldn't you??

what would be totaly awsome is sunglasses that are a sell phone type thing where you can see the person that you are talking to. wouldn't that be so awesome.

I think that this would be very dangerous. Already today, the stdandard "hear only" phones are dangerous, because a lot of people talk over their mobile phones while walking down the street. I heard about a japanese guy who died due to that : he closed his eyes in order to get better concentration, so he did not see a tree, he banged his head, big trauma, and he died. Simply because he closed his eyes a couple of seconds. Imagine what would happen if you are walking down the street with your modified visio-sunglasses and your girl fried calls you in order to show your her new bikini ! You would probably look at her and not see the schoolbus just crossing your path !

Well. personally I would want to have something like a teleportation device, due to it takes a lot of time if you ever count how much you travel from destination A to B, with a car it can get very slow on traffic jams, a bus, trolleybus and trams sometimes is even much faster, but it isn't as comfortable, rather use a bike :D Anyway, I would really want to have a teleportation device, you need to go to the shop, just teleport yourself, to the university, just push the button and everywhere you want, to job, to see your friends,

I would personally feel this would be the best device ever made if its possible. But teleport further then just around the neighborhood. Imagine overseas? From country to country. state to state. That will be awesome. :blink:

Anyway I've read some articles regarding teleportation somewhere in the internet and they actually did a trial on it. Moving molecules of a rat from one vacuum to another. But somehow it didn't suceed. Can't really remember where I read that from. Anyone read that articles?

Teleport in your moms toilet when shes having a bath . J/K . Lawl . Maybe teleportation is useful but it can be used for other things . Terrorist buys 1 . Goes to president house . Plants a few bombs . Teleport base . BOOOOOM !

Teleport in your moms toilet when shes having a bath . J/K . Lawl . Maybe teleportation is useful but it can be used for other things . Terrorist buys 1 . Goes to president house . Plants a few bombs . Teleport base . BOOOOOM !

hmmm :D With this teleportation, even the state government will get involved. :blink:

I think that this would be very dangerous. Already today, the stdandard "hear only" phones are dangerous, because a lot of people talk over their mobile phones while walking down the street. I heard about a japanese guy who died due to that : he closed his eyes in order to get better concentration, so he did not see a tree, he banged his head, big trauma, and he died. Simply because he closed his eyes a couple of seconds. Imagine what would happen if you are walking down the street with your modified visio-sunglasses and your girl fried calls you in order to show your her new bikini ! You would probably look at her and not see the schoolbus just crossing your path !

well how about something that only works with your home phone so you can only use it around the house and no where else.