xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
acdragon

Does Anyone Knows How Does This Site Work

Hi, I'm really curious how does sites like vidjacked.com or videodownloader.net copy streaming video and puts it in the download section so you could download ?do they you some kind of script or coding like php or java to get the direct-link ?I really want to know cause I have this site I really like but sites like vidjacked does not have a support on getting the direct link?Please help Thanks!

actualy, 'streaming video' isn't the correct term if you refer to sites like youtube, dailymotion, ... These sites offer a flash player that is embedded in a website and which plays a movie file that your browser is downloading in the background.The two sites that you gave just find out what file your browser is downloading in the background and then offers you the direct link. Sometimes you can even find the direct link to the video in the html code.

Yup your right but I think some sites can hide the links of their videos like crunchyroll.com when I try to look at the source code and type .flv at my find tab I found player.flv and downloading a player of flash not the video they use meta tags or flashvars or something like that to hide the true link of the streaming video..But the question is how could I make sites like vidjacked.com or keepvid.com or videodownloader.net I mean what do they use to copy the download links from flash streaming website do they use PHP or JAVASCRIPTS or other languages or they use plane html but thats impossible actually I'm a noob on this things but I will try to study this because I love anime and some sites convert it nicely to smaller parts and soo nice I don't need large quality videos I just need it for watching !!That's all hope someone can helpThanks in advance :blink::D

Why don't you just embed the flash in your site using YouTube's embed code? Then you could have "streaming videos" on your site.

I just want to get the download link not put it on my site because that could talk a lot of bandwidth
so anyone pls help could how to make those kind of websites ... sorry for my wrong enlish

Check out the method I'm describing in this article:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/93816-topic/?findpost=1064375345

When dealing with secure links (HTTPS) that method doesn't work, so you might need to download specialized software (I use EZ Save Flash and it has worked for me so far).

Thanks gonna try this out
Anymore help would be appreciated Thanks Again :blink: