xisto Community
Ozy1405241548

Free Antivirus-avast The best free antivirus

Guys Avast is the best antivirus i had norton antivirus and i noticed i didnt get any trojens on a site which has been reported to send you trojens so i downloaded avast installed it and WalllAAAA!!! i found about 20 trojens on my computer. Intersting Huh? :P
Heres the link https://www.avast.com/de-de/index

Edited by Ozy (see edit history)

I used to use avast, but moved to AntiVir. I just didn't really like avast! But its still a really good scanning system. Not a huge hog on resources like some are, and its scanning is good! For a free virus scanner - its really good!

I will have to second that. I have been using Avast! Since I got sick and tired of Norton. After using it for more than a year I recommend it to everyone that asks. Thanks for making a great and free antivirus Avast!

I've been using Avast for a long time now and I'm very happy about it. It's maybe not as good as Antivir, but working with avast is more pleasant than antivir.

I use the AVG free version on my pcs here and I found it over many years to be the best one around.I have many times found a virus at work or on someones portable hard drive that is "supposed" to have been cleaned and protected by Norton.
Take a look at it here

I've tried avast on a friends computer that needed new antivirus and i found it a bit slow and buggy, but that could've just been the pc (it was pretty old so that does say something). I do find AVG to have more power behind it, it can rival and in some cases beat the detection and removal of paid for antivirus programs. I've had one case where i've had norton and i sent a file to a friend. It appeared clean to me but on his side it came up as a virus so definately something you'd want to look into with AVG.-HellFire

Anyone heard of Active Virus Shield by AOL. Its a free anti-virus software too and love it because of the scanning power. Found some Trojan that others virus scanning didn't, like Norton Enterprise version. website?

Anyway, I've heard that for the free version of AVAST, the scanning power is not as powerful compare to the paid version. Just like to clarify that as I'm thinking of changing current AVS as the loading is pretty heavy for my machine. :P

I've been using free antivirus for over 6 years now and I've never, ever had to re-install windows due to a virus. So far it detected all viruses (maybe 2 or 3 in those 6 years I've been using the free av's) and they kept my pc clean.So I don't think it's worth paying $50 per year for AV subscription because so far it would have cost me $100 per detected virus ! ps. you bumped a 1 year old topic :o

I had viruses detected by McAfee and not by Norton, so, sometimes, even a paid antivirus program can fail. Avast seems very interesting, and it's look-and-feel is agreeable.