xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
acdragon

What Are The Best Fonts?

sans-serif fonts are the best...btw: "which bear is best?"

Well, yeah I agree that Sans-Serif are one of the best to use, but Sans non Serif are also good, also a lot of whom can just use Arial or Verdana, due to they are usually present on most systems and browsers if nothing is done custom.. but I personally try to avoid Arial, I don't really like it to much..

You mean what beer is the best? ^_^ yeah, thats a good rhetoric question :P Well, because bear is something like an animal, usually brown, but in the arctic pole there are some white too ;) ;) ;)

the best font is one that fits where it is placed and looks good. not one font looks good everywhere, especially if your going a fancy font. many of the sites that offer 'free fonts' are only for personal use - so be careful where you get them from, maybe look for some licensed under creative commons!

I agree that there is no one font that suits all occasions, however, staying away from "Comic Sans MS" is almost always a step forward to choosing the best font, haha. Please, try not to use a font that's both overused and misused.

I believe that there won't be a right answer. This would be strictly opinionated, because of how many fonts are in the world, and that if you are not trying to compare a certain font, then there really is no really answer. Everyone has favorites, and the only way it could be remotely close, is if is a default font that is loaded already with the PC. I have seen it posted already, but I think with the default fonts, Comic Sans seemed to be very popular. There are users who don't use graphic programs, so they like to use Comic Sans.I have many disks full of fonts, so I don't really have a favorite... Now I use a font viewer to find the right match for my images. I just try to relate that font if I really like it. As for every day usage, I think that a clean serif font should be used for text oriented needs. You want users to be able to read your text without problems, or they will pass it by for something easier.So I say for cool looking titles or banners or any other image oriented needs to play around, and for important text, keep it simple.- skedad -

Hi,Fonts...............Before I came into web programming, I had never really thought about fonts...........You go to a website, get info, see interesting graphics/pictures, and interact with other people. The font is the last thing on people's minds. Yet we developers waste so much time on finding fonts............Time if we put into other things we can make our sites a lot more interesting!!!!Cheers!