xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
acdragon

Recommended P2p Software?

As long as you use P2P software legally and have a good antivirus application on your computer (personally I recommend Avast or AVG), you should be fine. Also make sure you have several anti-spyware applications on your computer as spyware is a major problem nowadays.(See my previous reply for more details)

What I've been using a lot time since now, is Limewire, I think this P2P software is good for two things: simplicity and speed. Its interface is very complex but at the same time very easy to use it. You can search simultaneously, you can specify what type of file are you looking at, and finally, it has its own music and video player. You can also share files by IP, letting you share files with your friends. As I told you I had not tried other P2P softwares, but the speed I get is super, and downloading music is a thing of seconds. To finish I would like to add that is multiplatform, because its programmed in Java, so you need to have JRE(Java Runtime Environment) to install it, but don't worry because if you don't the Limewire installation will take care of that.  I hope this was helpful for you, greetings. :mellow:http://www.limewire.com/

For the best programs and what not, use DC++ (ports for both Windows and Linux)and a good bittorrent client, uTorrent for Windows and Deluge for Linux, also find a good private tracker.Deluge and uTorrent as the 2 main clients for me as they are allowed on most private torrent sites and usually have no problems(when you join a site like that BE SURE TO READ THE FAQ and use the clients that are not on the ban list).If you just want to leech then check out mininova, but that is what is great about private trackers is you have up upload what you download(or seed for 72hrs straight) so all files will have 1-2 seeders.