xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Problem With The Credits System?

I want to know if the credits system have problems because i think that i lost some credits in the last two days, maybe i do something wrong and because of that it happens.Best regards,

well... in case u didnt no, u lose a credit each day, and over 2 days u will lose a couple of credits.surely u no that and its probably not the problem ur having anyways but yeah once i lost 3 credits in 1 day, wasnt happy, the credit system must have been stuffing up.

check your recent posts, if they were deleted then you would lose credits for the post you made, check that! I havent seen any problems with my credits though, they seem to be sitting at 30 credits. Strange!

I haven't noticed any problems....however as has been stated, you probably had a post or two that was deleted for some reason or another. Don't worry too much about it, just keep posting and all should be fine.

Unless an admin can confirm otherwise, assume the credit script is working unless a lot of people are complaining about issues. The fact that it has been working correctly in its current for for several months or years now should reassure you that it works really well. Since you are posting in the Hosted Members Support forum, you must have a hosting account, so as was mentioned, you lose 1 credit every 24 hours, which is about 0.01 credits per 15 minutes. If you notice a more significant drop, also as was mentioned, check to see if one of your messages was deleted or edited. If that doesn't explain the situation, then you likely have a problem. But in general, those cases cover 90+% of all situations. Although, personally, I have noticed some weird issues when credits dip below 0, so try not to let that happen.~Viz

Thanks everybody, Jimmy89 i think that i lost some credits because some of my posts have been deleted but i'm not sure about it, where do you check your recent posts? :P or maybe some posts have been 'baleeted' as happened to MediYama.

BTW, vizskywalker i always mantain my credits up to 0.

Best regards,

TavoxPeru, you can check your posts by clicking on your name (up the top of the screen, under the Xisto logo, next to the log out button), when your user page comes up, your recent posts and topics are displayed in the middle column. If they have been baleeted (thanks MediYama :P) you will get an Board Message saying it couldn't be found.

kof, your credits are displayed above the topics on the homepage, Go Here and look under the bar at the top! It will say how many credits you have!

I was on about 2 credits 2 days ago, and then it suddenly went down to -4.37! I think something might be wrong...

That is the weird behavior I was talking about. I tried bringing it up to the other staff members, but so far nothings been done about it. I know though, that if you make a 1 credit post when you are at -4.00 (if you drop to -4.0 when you should be at zero) it increases you to 1 credit, so it seems to just be treating -4.00 as zero, which means you can really only go down to -26 credits before your account is deleted. I'll mention this to Opaque the next time I talk to him, now that I know it's not just me.
~Viz

Jimmy89 thanks, thats the place where i check my posts :P, and ~Viz thanks for all the information related to the credit system.BTW, i discover the reason of this problem, it occurs because i edit a post that i made.Best regards,

there's realy something wrong. After my vacations, my hosting was suspended because I had a negative credit. I immediatly started posting to get credits and three days later my account is still suspended. This realy s*cks because that means I cannot put my pictures online :P .

BTW, i discover the reason of this problem, it occurs because i edit a post that i made.

I find that that's usually the reason people complain about losing credits. We should probably put up a warning somewhere about the loss of credits if you edit a post by deleting content. Should probably also find out if users removing content via edit has the same extra penalty to credits that a mod editing one has.

there's realy something wrong. After my vacations, my hosting was suspended because I had a negative credit. I immediatly started posting to get credits and three days later my account is still suspended. This realy s*cks because that means I cannot put my pictures online mellow.gif .

How high did you get your credits? You need to have over 3 (or maybe 4) credits to get hosting unsuspended, and it occurs the next time the cron job runs. I forget if that is every 15, 30 or 60 minutes. And once you've gotten a negative amount of credits, your credits still drop one per day.
~Viz