xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
baby bear

Bugs In Foods? this cant be true

I wouldn't be surprised if this is accurate, but I do not know if it is. I have found whole bugs in packaged food before. I would assume that some bug material would be hard to avoid as bugs lay eggs in and are attracted to certain foods. Just think of it as extra protein :P The only bug material that I am worried about that of the Cochineal (used in food dye, mainly Red 40) insect, which I am allergic too. It makes me go crazy.

Edited by foolakadugie (see edit history)

it's so grose but I found a spider in a top roman package before. and I havent eaten any top roman since then. I get grosed out just looking at the packages. but this is just rediculous. I can't believe there's so many bugs, eggs, and larve in our food, it just groses me out................ :P

LOL...I can beat that...when I was little I opened a package of cream of wheat to find 20-30 dead spiderlings in it. Apparently, some spider had laid her eggs inside the package, her brood hatched, then starved to death.

Ah well, I agree that it's gross to find bugs in your food :P But you shouldn't worry about it, because IF the bugs get in there, it's mostly before they get cooked and packed. That means that they are clean, and you won't taste anything of them.Extra proteines :P

I haven't found any bugs in my food, but I have seen on TV that plenty of foods have insect eggs and such on it. For example, tomato sauce has maggot eggs in it. I'm no fan of bugs, and I pretty much freak out when a bug lands on me, but it's not like we have any choice with this. Just don't think of bugs on your food, and you'll be able to eat it; after all, you can't see it.Though if you want to go on a diet, it's a very good diet plan. =PSerena

I live in a really cheap apartment and one time I went to go open up the fridge and a roach just flies out the second I opened the door, it scared me to death. :P I really have not found any bugs inside of my food though, like what Xboxrulz said, the only thing I see is the occasional fly come around when my parents are cooking BBQ, or left the front door open. However once I was at my friends house and we were making shell noodles and we go to open up the box, and its full of dead moths. :P I'm really not to paranoid about finding bugs in my food though, but I do pay attention to what I am eating (just in case). :P

Edited by DocEvilTitanium (see edit history)

I wonder how people in other contries can eat bugs?

If that is what you see and are accustomed to while growing up, then why should they have any worries?People eat chickens and cows and all kinds of other living things. Bugs are just another animal and source
of nutrition.

In the peruvian jungle: amazon forest, people is pleased to eat bugs: suri, monkeys, ants, cats: mishikanka, turtles: taricaya. And a large etc of "rare" animals. Thinking like a native: How civilized people may eat smoke, pay for water, kill for "black gold", live like a bug and lost mind for buks.Human fears unknown, you have to eat that bugs to know how terrible or delicious are.Blessings!