xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hazim

Windows Media Player

i had before i formatted the computer windows media player 11 that i could open quick time movies on it (.mov), but now it can't play .mov videos; i searched for packs, but i didn't find any. can anybody help me.

There is a way! Download the K-Lite Codec Pack (The Full Version) and it will enable you to play .mov and .mp4 files in Windows Media Player. It also installs codecs for heaps of other video types like .rmvb (Real)

There are heaps of places to download the K-Lite Codec Pack, search Google. I downloaded it from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm. and it works well!

Good Luck
-jimmy

I still havent got round to downloading windows media player 11. i spose i better do it some day, it seems good.i might download some of them codecs too. theres one that i really need, not sure wot its called but somtimes i really need a codec to do something, i just get codec errors.

I'm not sure whether it was something I did wrong during installations, or something wrong with the pack itself, but the K-Lite Codec Pack never allowed me to play either QuickTime or Real movies on my Windows Media Player. I even tried the QuickTime Alternative and the Real Alternative applications but still... no use!

If anyone has run into this same problem, it'd be greatly appreciated if they shared how they managed to solve it.

I'm not sure whether it was something I did wrong during installations, or something wrong with the pack itself, but the K-Lite Codec Pack never allowed me to play either QuickTime or Real movies on my Windows Media Player. I even tried the QuickTime Alternative and the Real Alternative applications but still... no use!

If anyone has run into this same problem, it'd be greatly appreciated if they shared how they managed to solve it.

Did you try installing quicktime itself to see if you can actually see movies?

I have another problem :P ; when i start installing wmp 11, installation needs to validate windows guinune...advantage (something like that) and then it stops installing!!

Screw Windows media player...VLC works much better to play all the formats you want to play. Also, it's based on ffmpeg as it's decoder, so it decodes a hell of a lot more formats than windows media player does out of the box, and you don't need to clog up your directshow filter chain with splitters and codecs to watch movies. I've actually never come across a video format that VLC couldn't manage to play at some level.Stick to using VLC and only use windows media player for playing DRM'd WMA/WMV files.

How can you make a DVD using a .avi video with a .srt subtitle file?Windows Media Player

Title speaks for itself.

I use Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 7. How can I use both files and turn them into a DVD?

I can make the DVD, but have no idea how to attach the .Srt subtitle file with it please help!!

-question by Darren Huseyin