xisto Community
psp-playstation

How disappoiting.... Yeah, its doom III

After I played doom III, and was was amazed by how the graphics are crafted, I felt like the game itself, is just an ordinary shooter, I thought it deserves a 98%, but I know now that it only deserves a diappointing 85....

Everyone expected this game to be the exact same thing as any other id fps. The awsome thing about it, is that it sports a very new, very awsome, and insanely top-notch engine written by Carmack that's sure to put HL2 to shame. People bought this for it's technical value, not for the game in itself. Yes, it's pretty dull with the plot/story in a whole, but don't tell me there weren't some parts in the game that made you piss youself. Edited by templest (see edit history)

First off.. Doom I sucked major booty.. So personally, I wasn't even looking forward to anymore Dooms. I don't even really like FPS games in general.. they quickly get old. I prefer multiplayer games, interacting with peers. It makes for a much more fun gaming environment.

The original Doom was amazing. It brought about a new era of gaming, following in the footsteps of Wolfenstein 3D. I spent hours blasting aliens back to hell in this classic arcade shooter.Oh and templest, good to see you back.

never played the game before and i dont really kow what it is like

Let me put my feelings this way,

I was dissapointed wtih doom when I had the first game, I've never understood the whole point of it. My friend *Always* plays doom and Quake (N64) both are games I don't understand...

I do see how good the graphics are, but I'd rather have a storyline or something important. :D

well i liked doom III and still like the game no matter what anyone says. I feel it is ok (to me).

I've never played any of the games in the Doom Series. I've played Quake I and some Quake III Arena, but I've never played Doom.

i allways look for good storyline, not amazing graphics..coz i dont have a strong computer, so d3 wont work fine with me :Di would like to play it, just coz of graphics, nothing else

Ultimately, D3 feels "flat". Because the story does not really "envelop" the player, the action feels empty. - go into a room/environment- get attacked by a menace- load the optimal gun for the assailant- plink away- go into next room- in case of death, reloadNot really a satisfying experience...