xisto Community
baby bear

What Do You Guys Think Of This Site?

You should add more topics, make the chatbox a header or footer, and on the top it says "fileswrestling" and you should make it "FilesWrestling" to make it look more professional.

ok, is there anything else that i need to change about it?

Possibly a new theme or color. Whatever you call it. Its really, really plain. Its not too bad though. I have no experience with it, but I have heard it is a pain getting the forum set up, so good job. :P

Possibly a new theme or color. Whatever you call it. Its really, really plain. Its not too bad though. I have no experience with it, but I have heard it is a pain getting the forum set up, so good job. :P

thank you! it is really hard. but me and another admin are going to make a new forum and it's just going to be us running the show. the admin before me were the ones who screwed up the forum. I feel bad because now I can't get it up and running again.

I think in general the theme colors are fine, just change the background color of the whole page, outside the forums....to something a little lighter in color...Also, yes the chatbox needs to be at the top or bottom of the forums, like on Xisto, not in the middle....and it should span the entire width of the area it is going to ocupy.And then, i take it you have to register to see the rest of the forums? How about some big notice about that when you aren't registered and/or logged in? Just to make it a little more clear. I didn't register, so I don't know for sure if that is the case, but I was assuming so.Anyhow, that is all I really have for now.

well one of the other admin and I have decided that we were going to make our own site. so once we get that site up and running, I will post it on here so you guys can tell me what u think of it. ok???

It is OK but I dont think the cbox should be soo long try making it wider like the one Xisto has. I also find it distracting that you put the cbox inside a subforum. You should put it in the head of the topic or at least in a subforum of a subforum (not on the front page). You might also think about placing a banner at the top. It looks better then just plain text. I looked around and couldnt find what your site was about. Now I didnt log in but I find it nice to know what a forum is about before joining it. You could make a topic in the rules subforum.Just a few tips,Sparkx

Well i just visit your site and some things i dont like are:

The position where you put the chatbox.

The color of your titles -Main, Forum, Post, The Rules, etc- i think that it would be nice if you use any lighter color for them for example white instead of black.

The icons dont look well, they have a stange border.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

ok now I started my own forum and it's new and everything so don't say anything about getting more members because it's only been up and running for 2 days now. so what do you thing?? give me any suggestions on it ok???

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'm still working on it but I just wanted to know what it's missing or what I can change.

You can download themes off websites (google for it and you'll find some fast enough) and then if I remember correctly you can install it right through the admin panel on your forums. A darker theme would really help the look all blend together more. I'm not 100% sure this is how you install a theme as I haven't used forum software in ages, but its probably either that or just dump the files into a pre-defined folder on your site then select it in the admin panel. Regardless I'm confident there are insanely detailed instructions out there if you google around a bit. Otheriwse someone else will likely be around soon enough that knows this stuff better.