xisto Community
espsasuke

Pc Monitor Not Working

so i've built from scrtah 2 pcs before and had no problem and the third i ran into a big onei want to put in this pc ap5n32-e sli motherboard3.4pentiumd2046ramgeforce 7900ftx3sata drivesand a dvd drive700 watt psubut when i switch it on (works fine) i get no display on the screen i've tried3 diffrent monitors3 diffrent graphics cards2 diffrent procsesorsreseting biosnothing works :P you guys know why

Edited by espsasuke (see edit history)

Could just be the BIOS is set to use the integrated display adapter. Plug your monitor to the integrated port and then set in the BIOS to use the PCIe/AGP slot or select Automatic if there's that option.That happened to me when I built my PC. I have a P4B533-VM motherboard.xboxrulz

The 2 pc you built before this, are there of the same spec?Instead of try out those parts on the non working machine, why not try those part which you suspect on the working machine. Say graphic from the 3rd pc(non working), put into the working one. If it still work, that rule out the prob of the graphic card. So after you try all the possibility, including the cpu and ram, you're left with the motherboard. Needless to say, you should find out which is the culprit along the way.If it's motherboard, you can try putting in other cpu()preferably older type), might be a compatibility issue. If so, you'll need to flash your bios, running on the old cpu. If still can't work out, try remove the board, and try it on a non conducting surface, like a thick book, or wooden plank. Always plug in minimal peripherals when you do the testing, to avoid unexpected external condition to effect the out come. For example, a shorted IDE cable, or a flipped one, will prevent the pc from booting up as well. On some system, you might even see anything displayed, no beep or what so ever, cause, once flipped, it's consider shorted. So, for testing, you only need the board, cpu, ram and graphic card. The rest, take them out.EDIT: Try run on 1 stick of ram as well, if possible. Also check that all the power connectors are connected on the motherboard. Newer system require more power connection, like 24pin power connector, 2x2(4)pin 12V and another one 1x4 or more flat type of power connection. Check your manual on that. Missing any one of it will prevent it from booting up. Also remember the extra power connection to your graphic cardGood luck

Edited by faulty.lee (see edit history)

alright thanks to both of you but i'm still having problems i'm not sure what flash the bios means! but i'm guessing it means reset it to factory settings and i know you can do this by taking the bios battery out for 5 mintues or switching the jumper or taking the bios out and refitting it again, i did that and good news! it worked but damnit! it didn't pick up any harddrives so i chaged what sata ports they were on and turned it on... nothing back to square one i switched it all back to how it was and hoped it'd work but nope i managed to get into the bios when it didn't pick up the hdd though it picked up the make and specs of proccesor and ram therefor nothing should be broken, the video card works tried it in another system, the other pc i made were way less micro motherboards 2ghz 512ram not gaming or extreme unlike this one :P any helps something to note is that the graphics card is huge it works fine but when i start the pc up after a second or two the card goes full throttel as in the fan speeds up so does the cpu and there both fine not overheating when the graphics card worked and got into the bios that time the fans went back to normalnot sure but this is the most awkward thing ever... i can't think of why it wouldn't work sorry about the long and confusing post!also i can't find the culprit, afterall the pc works just doesn't display anything it could be all or the motherboard most likly is the motherboard, but just need things to fix afterall if i got a screen up i should get it to work... right?

Edited by espsasuke (see edit history)

Err, it is confusing. Maybe you can lay out your reply in 1,2,3. What you did was resetting the bios. Flashing the bios is updating it with the latest firmware. You'll need to download the updater and the latest bios image. Then boot into DOS to do it. Some newer system allows flashing from windows, and require restart after that. Flashing is quite a dangerous thing to do, cause if it's not done properly, it will render your montherboard useless. But of cause the manufacturer can help you fix that.I'm guessing that you meant, after resetting the bios, you get to see go into the bios setup. But your hard disk is not deteched properly. If so, you can try set it to auto. Or mostly likely it's already in auto mode. Most newer montherboard doesn't let you manually detect the hard disk.If this problem persist, i think it's very likely the motherboard issue. And since it's new, why take all the hassle, just return and ask for a replacement. Here, they allow 1-to-1 swap within 7 days of the purchase date.

Err, it is confusing. Maybe you can lay out your reply in 1,2,3. What you did was resetting the bios. Flashing the bios is updating it with the latest firmware. You'll need to download the updater and the latest bios image. Then boot into DOS to do it. Some newer system allows flashing from windows, and require restart after that. Flashing is quite a dangerous thing to do, cause if it's not done properly, it will render your montherboard useless. But of cause the manufacturer can help you fix that.
I'm guessing that you meant, after resetting the bios, you get to see go into the bios setup. But your hard disk is not deteched properly. If so, you can try set it to auto. Or mostly likely it's already in auto mode. Most newer montherboard doesn't let you manually detect the hard disk.

If this problem persist, i think it's very likely the motherboard issue. And since it's new, why take all the hassle, just return and ask for a replacement. Here, they allow 1-to-1 swap within 7 days of the purchase date.

I agree with just switching the board itself. If it's faulty, get a new one.

xboxrulz